Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Honoring Those of the Faith That Have Gone Before Us

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Honoring Those of the Faith That Have Gone Before Us
September 06, 2007 05:30PM
During the "When the Glory Came Down" conference last month, Paul Keith Davis shared about the last great move of God, specifically naming A. A. Allen, William Branham and others. He said how these spiritual fathers and mothers of the faith were criticized and put down by many whole called themselves Christians. While these people did have some weaknesses in their lives, the Lord still choose to use them to be powerful vessels of His honor. Paul Keith said that it was time that we repented for the way we have looked at these great leaders and forerunners, focusing on their weaknesses and in so doing, we have criticized those who God called into service.

This was a subject close to my heart for I knew of a friend and brother in Christ who had seen a man of God used mightily by the Lord during the Jesus movement be brought down in shame and ridicule. Because of the man's weakness, his name was almost erased from the very church he founded. It wasn't that long ago that we read in the papers about another man who had a large church following who was exposed for his weakness and disgrace. More times than not we hear peoples tongues wagging to others,condemning the leaders for their weaknesses and flaws. Oh, Lord, have mercy on us.

Who among us is without sin? Let him or her throw the first stone of condemnation. There is no doubt in my mind that God's heart is broken when He sees one of His sons or daughters fall prey to the weakness of the flesh. Even more so must the pain be when it is one of His sons and daughters who have willing laid their lives down in order to serve Him and His people. When a leader falls, the first question we should be asking ourselves is, "have I been praying for the leaders in the church as I ought?" We are instructed in Scripture to do so. The enemy is going to come after those who are in service to the Lord. While we all might need prayer, a leader needs it all the more, especially if he or she is walking in the anointing and glory of God! The enemy is going to head straight for them, looking for the weakness in their lives and striving to entice them into sin.

God is looking to touch the earth with His glory. Those He will bring it through will be earthen vessels. It might be you or it might be me if we have positioned ourselves to be His ministers upon the earth. If we have been critical of the leaders in the past, and even of today, we need to repent of that. We need to recognize that we are all a work in progress and most of us have not yet reached the goal of being holy as He is holy. That is our desired mark but if you are like me, we haven't got there yet. We should not be standing in judgment of a fallen saint who has become a casualty of this war on the earth. Rather, we must grieve for the loss, recognizing the weakness in us all and asking for God's mercy and grace to touch that brother or sister in Christ and being there to help them back up. Do we not realize how easily and quickly we, too, can fall prey to the tactics of the enemy?

Lord, please forgive every critical word I have said about another, whether they lived in the past or are living today. Place a bridle on my tongue that I might only speak and do that which brings glory and honor to You, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Repenting before Him,
Joan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2007 10:16AM by Joan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login