Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Days of Awe - Day 3

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Days of Awe - Day 3
September 23, 2017 01:50PM
Days of Awe Day 3

Heavenly Father, what a sweet time spent with You this morning, singing in tongues and basking in the goodness of Your presence. Sitting in the back yard, feeling the warmth of the sun upon me, hearing the chirping of the birds and watching their activity on the bird feeder was such a joy and blessing. At one point this thought came to mind, "How do I love You, let me count the ways" and I was about to think of ways that I love You when I heard in my spirit, "I made a list of ways I love you. The Ten Commandments is part of that list." Wow! Lord, what a different perspective that brings. What we, as humans, thought as rules and regulations, laws to keep us under Your rule is not what they are to You. They are given from You in love, knowing that if we do not follow them it will bring us to a place of harm not only in our lives but others as well. The more I think about it, the entire Word of God was written in love by Love. We as human beings are so quick to come against anything that doesn't agree with what we want or think. The flesh wants so much to be cuddled and stroked and does not limitations or expectations to be put on it. Praise God that we are not beings of flesh only, but spirit and soul as well. And praise be to God for Jesus Christ, His life on earth, death and resurrection which brought about the receiving of the Holy Spirit to be born in us through Him. Lord, I might be rambling here but it is done in awe of You. You love us so much and You want the best for us.
Rules/Commandmants are not to harm us but to keep us safe for You know more that we do. So, Lord, if I were to think about making a list of how much I love You I recognize that I must also consider what things You love as well. To say I love You because You do good to me is a rather shallow love. Love often costs and at times it can cost a lot, just as You showed us with Your Son, Jesus Christ. You loved us so much You were willing to sacrifice His life for us. You allowed Him to suffer so that we could be restored back to You in relationship and holiness. Mind boggling.That is the kind of love we all need to strive for. Holy One, please forgive me/us for taking You so for granted and wanting more to receive goodness from You than to present goodness to You. Help me/us to learn more about Your love and how we can walk in it cause there is no doubt this world needs it. Teach us to know that every restriction to set before us is out of love and it is for our own good and for the good of others. Holy One, we see so much darkness in this world. Please remind us that we are created to be the Light that is needed to draw all men to You through Your Son. Holy Spirit, please guide us into all righteousness for His Name's sake, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2017 01:52PM by Joan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login