Anonymous User
Days of Awe - Day 6
September 27, 2017 02:26PM
Days of Awe - Day 6

Sweet Abba, I am getting to a much later start in posting on this 6th Day of Awe but it is not because of not spending reflective time with You. As a matter of fact, this might be the longest I have spent during these six days so far, lol. And not have I reflected upon the past year with my walk with You, but upon the last eight years, years since my husband's passing and graduation to Heaven. I am so grateful for the time that has been given me to journal and I hope others take the opportunity to write down the things You speak and do into their lives. Much I had forgotten but the written word brought them to remembrance. After much reading and many tears, I want to thank You for Your faithfulness to me through it all. No matter what life might throw our way, if we stay connect to You, through Your Son and Holy Spirit, we will come to understand that You truly do see us through the storms and are faithful to up gird us and strengthen us along the way. You truly are awesome, Lord. You are amazing!

God, for these next five days I would like to focus on the Second Great Commandment Jesus gave to us, "to love our neighbor as ourselves." Well, this also took me on a big of a search as I sought to find out just what "neighbor" meant. Right now I have books spread before me and since there are differing opinions on exactly what that is, I am going to share what I believe You are saying it is, our fellow man. Since You are a loving God and desire that none should perish, and that its Your goodness that draws men to repentance, so walking in love to all mankind seems right. I will continue to do more research on this, but for today's purpose of striving to love my neighbor will move forward for now.

Father, it doesn't take much to recognize that as people, we have a long way to go to fulfill either of these two commandments! I am so overcome and blown away by Your love for us, that when we were yet sinners, You sent Your Son to die for our sins, to be the blood offering of sin once and for all. Mind blowing. Such a love is beyond the human heart. And that is why, as I read the second commandment, I recognize that I need Your heart beating in me to love as You love. I've lived here almost seven decades yet I have so much to learn. Then again, maybe not so much to learn but so much to activate in me, Your Spirit flowing through this vessel that is Yours. Father, I also recognize that in order to walk as Jesus walked the earth, there is a healing in my heart that is needed so that I can see myself as worthy and precious as You do, or else I might love my neighbor as myself - which could be a not so good thing, depending where I am at. Holy Spirit I truly do desire to love my neighbor as God loves me so I can love them in a way that will bring wholeness to them in Christ Jesus. Now that statement might not make sense to some, but it does to me, lol. As I/we reflect on learning to love our neighbor as ourselves, let it be my/our prayer to learn and practice loving our neighbor as ourselves for the glory of our God and our King. Holy Spirit, it is by Your leading that this can be done so I/we ask You to help us in this, in Jesus' Holy Name. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login