Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spending time with God

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Spending time with God
April 17, 2008 07:36AM
I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not, but I've already started and I can't stop now. Yesterday morning as I was walking around in my dining room I felt the Lord tell me to go put on a christian cd and spend time with Him. SO I went in the kitchen and put on a worship cd. I instantly felt the Holy spirit. With my hands up in the air my knees began to feel weak. I knew I had to kneel, but as I did that it wasn't enough. Sit. That's what I'll do. Tears, like a river they fell. Praising God was not enough to thank Him for all he has done for us. I could feel God all around me, so powerfully. I didn't want to move, I didn't want to interupt the work that He was doing inside of me. I could feel physically God healing my heart and my body. I can't lift up my praises to Him enough. I feel that He will never know the depths of my gratitude. But at the same time I know that He knows better than I do. Tears keep falling. My body is encompassed by His Spirit. I can describe what I am feeling. I just know that it is so powerful I don't want it to stop. Lord I keep thanking You for allowing me to spend time with you. Please don't let it stop. You tell me one of my children is coming in the room. Sure enough Becky comes walking in. You tell me it's time to get my children to school, they are going to be late. I beg for You to let me stay with you a few minutes longer, I trust that You will let it be alright. Thank You Lord. Praises to You in Jesus' Name.
I have never spent time with the Lord like this. God is moving in such a powerful way that it is hard to describe. But believe me you will know it's God. My body still shakes now just writing down my experience with the Lord. He has opened up a whole new desire in my heart to spend time with Him. I keep going back to spend time with Him. To feel the love that God shared with me yesterday. Praises, Praises, Praises!
Joan
Re: Spending time with God
April 17, 2008 08:23AM
Praise be to God! Glory! Glory! Glory! Thank You, thank You, Lord!!! How wondrous is the Lord! He is worthy of all our praises. Blessed be His name now and forever more!

Debbie, this is the perfect place to post this. Oh, how He longs for us to spend time with Him. This is the desire of His heart. Thank You, Jesus! I wept as I read your post, Deb, knowing the sweetness of His presence and the longing it creates for more of Him. Hallelujah!!! Yes, Lord,there is no one like You and we love You so much.

Oh, that we all would spend time with the Lord and let Him know how much we are thankful for all He is, all He has done and all He continues to do - just thinking about it, I can see His smile covering the earth. Hallelujah!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login