Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Journey begins...June 21, 2004

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
The Journey begins...June 21, 2004
May 04, 2007 03:27PM
Dear Lord,

Lord, as a deer pants and longs for the water brooks, so I pant and long for You, Sweet Jesus. My search for You sends me forth...

Holy One, I wonder if what I am experiencing this morning is symbolic of how this earch for You will be. Having to go to the store after dropping Billy off at work, I didn't go in with with but returned an hour later and went straight to the place I was told available to me only to find three men talking at one corner of the section. I felt uncomfotable about going in so I went over to Billy's work area only to find him busy with his boss at the computer. This is the first time in over three weeks that I have felt so out of place. What is going on here, Lord? I was so excited about having the opportunity to begin this journey with You yet I cannot fina a place to sit myself down! My heart is broken and I want to cry. I can't find a place where I belong. I thought about the verse that says, "..but the Son of man hath not where to lay His head" (Matthew 8:20). You, whose Father as the heaven as His throne and the earth as His footstool (Isaiah 66:1) was willing to take the form of man and leave the heavenly realm and all it's splendor to dwell with us! Jesus, you came to a place that lacked the understanding and fellowship of the Father that You had. How foreign this must have been to You. You, the greatest Fisher of all must have, Yourself, felt like a fish out of water. Lord, You gave up so much for us. Not just Your life upon the cross but much, much more. You felt God's heavenly kingdom to come dwell in a sin-filled, worn and tattered earth. Please help me to know all of You so that my love and gratitude might grow stronger and deeper.

By the way Lord, since I could not find a place to stay at Billy's work I decided to go to the church where I have spent time with You sitting upon the steps that have engraved in them, "Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise" (Psalm 100:4). Amen to that, Holy One! Would You believe that there were workers there trimming the bushes and two men were painting the railings on the steps! So, Lord, rather than being able to sit on the steps, I am writing this as I sit in my car. It's very warm but I can hear the birds chirping so I am blessed. you are with me and all is well. Praise Your Holy Name! Holy Spirit, thank You for revealing a little more about my Lord and His sacrifices today.

You know, I was thinking about that room at Billy's work this is normally empty but had people in it today. Could it be people were drawn there because of the prayer and fellowship with You that was done there last week? I pray that is the case and that people will be drawn to You without even knowing why and that they do come to meet You, in Your name I pray. Amen.

I love You, Lord....
Anonymous User
Re: The Journey begins...June 21, 2004
May 05, 2007 12:28AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login