A Vehicle of Greater Understanding - July 23, 2004

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
A Vehicle of Greater Understanding - July 23, 2004
June 19, 2007 11:00PM
A Vehicle of Greater Understanding

July 23, 2004

Ah, Morning Delight,

That’s what You are, my Lord, as well as many other things! How wondrous it is to taste of Your goodness.

Lord, as You have given a greater understanding of Matthew 3:15 I want to share that here along with a prayer that those who read these words might have their eyes of understanding enlightened, that they might see not only how wondrous You are, but also come to know who they are in You. So let it be, in Your name I pray. Amen.

The other day as I sat in my car that had stalled - again, I was lifting the whole situation to the Father somewhat puzzled that I was in the same place as I was last week, with a broken car. We were so sure that the problem had been fixed when Billy replaced the fuel filter with a new one. Yet here I sat on the shoulder of I-84 with cars buzzing by me! I wasn’t upset this had happened just perplexed that it had. Why Lord, is this happening? But rather than answering the question “why”, the Holy Spirit began to show me “what“ had just happened and “who” was with me the whole time. I had just entered the highway, gaining access to the travel lane. I was trying to get on to the left lane but no one would let me in! I can remember thinking, “Gosh, why won’t they let me in!” It wasn’t too much further that my car began to lose power and I was able to pull over to the shoulder.

“What” has happened was that I was spared from being harmed. Had I made it into the left lane I could have only made it into the travel lane before the car totally gave out. But because they wouldn’t “let me in” to that lane I was close enough to the side of the road to coast to safety! He, the Lord, was the “Who” that was with me and Who had kept me under the shadow of His wing. Thank You Lord!

Suddenly the verses in Matthew 3 came alive to me. Here I had thought my walk with the Lord would go a certain way, that if I was faithful to the Lord ALL would go well in my life. Just that morning Billy had prayed for my safety knowing I was traveling to my sister's and later home from there after leaving him at work. But my expectations of an unhindered trip were dashed as I sat on the side of the road! It appeared the prayer my husband lifted had been unanswered. Yet that verse came to me, “Permit it at this time, for in this way it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness”

Permit it, Lord? Permit these things that come up unexpectedly and contrary to the way I have perceived it to be? Permit it, but why? “For in this way it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness” For us, Jesus? You and me? You mean I have a part in fulfilling all righteousness with You? Wow! How incredible is that! Jesus, those first words spoken by You in Scripture are filled with prophetic meaning and set the course for You and Your people. When John “permitted it” at this time, baptizing You, the heavens were opened and the voice of God rang out, “This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased” As we “permit it at this time” (those things that the Lord asks of us such as take up our cross daily, bear ye one another burdens, etc.) walking in obedience, then the heavens will open and we will hear from God. Hallelujah! Speak to me, Jesus. Your will is my command. Together we will fulfill all righteousness with You leading the way. Yes, yes, yes! I am a follower of Christ Jesus and how glorious is that!

P.S.

Lord, just wanted to share here how God did hear and answer the prayer that Billy sent up though not quite in the way he expected. Billy had prayed for my safety to my sister's and home. God knew my car would not make it all the way to my sister's, that there was a problem with the car and so He kept me safe. Could God have allowed the car to travel even with the mechanical problem? Sure, He who created the heavens and earth can do anything! As a matter of fact, God could have gotten me to my sisters WITHOUT THE CAR!!! Cool, God’s special express travel! I’m into that Lord! But the fact is, He didn’t for reasons I don’t know. Guess that’s why He’s God and I’m not! What did happen is that my daughter later drove me to my Sister’s house and brought me safely home. So, yes, God did answer my Husband’s prayer for He kept me safe. Praise be to Him! Thank You, Lord!

Now, at the time of writing this my car has been to the shop and supposedly repaired. After paying a large sum of money (which we can’t afford but He can!) to have what we thought was the problem with the car fixed, it again stalled less than a mile from Billy’s work place! So figure! Don’t know why this is happening but I do know Who does and that awareness brings such comfort as I lean not on my understanding and lean upon Him! If the Lord chooses to use my car as a vehicle (he he) to draw me closer to Him, to learn to trust in Him even when things aren‘t going the way I think they should or expect, well, all I can say is, “Go, God, Go!” Just as we will have to search deeper to find out what the problem is car, so do I ask that You search the depths of my heart to expose whatever it is that needs fixing so that I might become a vessel of honor to and for You, a vehicle to carry and travel to a lost and dying world with Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen and amen.

Teach me more, Jesus. Please teach me more;..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login