Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Wisdom of Wise Men - June 24, 2004

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
The Wisdom of Wise Men - June 24, 2004
May 12, 2007 05:35PM
June 24, 2004

Precious Lord, as I read Matthew 2:1-2 about the wise men who saw the star in the east that heralded your birth and how they went to find You even though You were so young, it is impressed upon me that they sought you, not because of Your maturity had been reached because of the promise that was in You! Wise men, indeed, for is there not wisdom to be found in those who seek after and covet the promise of God, who go to honor Him by acknowledging that Your promises are yea and amen in the hearts of men? Oh Lord, I am in awe of the simplicity and magnificence of Your Word, Who You are. You are far lovelier than anything I know and how You nourish us the very substance that You are. The milk of Your Word sustains us but it is the meat that gives strength to our bones, that causes our muscles to stretch and grow! Lord, You are too marvelous for words!

Praise be to God! Another understanding of these verses has come to me (thank You Holy Spirit)! What if we were like the wise men and when we looked at Gods children we saw past the soiled diapers, the unpleasant throw-up, past the inherent whimpering and crying and set our eyes on the purpose in their lives put there by God! Would we not rejoice in their lives as we looked past the childishness and focused on the promise that is in them which is You, Lord Jesus, their, and our, hope of glory?

Oh Precious One, help us to be like those wise men who sought You out two thousand years ago. And let us look for You as You are seated in the heavens and let us also look for You as You abide in Your people, in Your sweet name I pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login