Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DRAW NEAR TO GOD - lesson from 3/27/08

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
DRAW NEAR TO GOD - lesson from 3/27/08
March 29, 2008 10:51AM
"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.." James 4:8a

On Thursday we had Children's Fellowship and the topic of our meeting was about our need to draw near to God. The children were divided into two teams, standing about ten feet apart. The children were given a bowl of popcorn and, when given the instruction, were told to throw the popcorn to their teammate across from them. After each throw one line of players were told to move one step closer and were told to throw again. As each step brought them closer to their teammate the more sure their throws became until they were face to face to each other and able to just drop the popcorn into the others hand.

The meaning of this lesson was that the closer we draw to God, the easier it is for us to receive from Him, to know His voice and His desire for our lives as well as feel His very presence.

The children were also instructed to stand in various locations in line with one who stood symbolically for God. Just because one was close to "God" it did not mean that another could feel God's closeness if they were further away. While we can learn from others who live a life close to God, it is up to us, individually, to build a close and personal relationship with Him.

Then I had two children stand fairly close to one another. One was symbolic of God and the other was facing him. Then I began to be symbolic of differen things that draw us away from God, such as "fear", "friends" and the "things of this world." As I approached the child facing God with each different aspect, it pushed them further away from God. After doing this I asked them what had just happened and they replied how they had gotten farther away from God. Indeed! When we allow these things to come into our lives they most certainly draw us away from Him Who loves us so very much and desires to fellowship with us.

The children were given James 4:8a (Draw near to God and He will draw near to you."winking smileyThey were told that we can draw near to God through reading the Bible, prayer (talking with God) and by fasting.

How it delights our heavenly Father's heart when we want to fellowship with Him more than anything else. It is my prayer that we all love Him and want to spend time with Him as much as He wants to spend time with us and has already shown us His great love for us by sending His Son, Jesus Christ so that we could do that.

God bless you all!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login