Advanced

DRAW NEAR TO GOD - Prayer - April 10, 2008

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
DRAW NEAR TO GOD - Prayer - April 10, 2008
April 12, 2008 07:51AM
DRAWING NEAR TO GOD THROUGH PRAYER

Last weeks Scripture:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." -- John 14:6

Have the children pair up into sets of two.

At an appointed time, have one child speak to the other child who cannot respond to what is being said - only listen.

Then switch so that the child who was listening now talks.

When they have done this, then have one child stand behind the other child who is seated and have the child who is seated talk to them. Can they not feel the presence of the other child there? Have them switch positions

After this, hand each child a piece of paper and pen/pencil. Each child can either right or draw their feelings down.

Praying or "talking" with God is one way of drawing near to Him. While we don't often hear Him respond to us, He is still there. And while we don't always hear Him, there are times when we actually feel His presence around us as peace fills our being.

We can also talk to God through writing to Him or drawing pictures, sharing our heart to our heavenly Father.

Now there are many types of prayer. Sometimes we talk to God to ask Him for something for ourselves or for others. Sometimes we speak to Him the things He has promised us. Sometimes our prayers are in warfare against the enemy.

The best type of prayer that God likes is when we just spend time with Him, sharing our hearts and telling Him how grateful we are for all He and His Son has done for us. And He is especially happy when we tell Him that we love Him and we love Jesus. When we spend this time in prayer with God, sometimes not saying a word just hanging out with Him, it draws us closer to Him for He sees we really do love Him and not all the things we think we can get through Him.

Have the children spend time talking with God, sometimes quiet, sometimes just letting Him know how they feel about Him, sometimes just listening. They can do this every day and it would make God very, very happy.
Anonymous User
Re: DRAW NEAR TO GOD - Prayer - April 10, 2008
April 14, 2008 07:17AM
This is good. I was hoping that the new verse would be listed. If you could add that it would be appreciated.
Anonymous User
April 14, 2008 10:39AM
Hi Deb! Good to see you here.

As for the new verse, they weren't given a Scripture to memorize this week. Rather they were instructed to spend time with the Lord this week and then share their experience when we get together.
Anonymous User
April 17, 2008 07:17AM
Thanks. Crystal told me that too. SO atleast I know she was listening.
Anonymous User
April 17, 2008 09:04AM
Go Crystal!!! grinning smiley Gramma's proud of you! And so is the Lord! smiling bouncing smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login