Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

John 8:58 - I Am

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
John 8:58 - I Am
February 28, 2008 08:08AM
v 58 “Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.” {John 8:58}

If you take a look at Exodus 3 and Mark 14, you’ll find Moses in Exodus and the high priest in Mark asking the Father and the Son the same question, “who are you?”

In Exodus 3:13 & 14 v 13 “And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? v 14 “And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.” In Mark 14: 61 & 62 we find v 61 “But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?” {What is his name?} v 62 “And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.”

One question {who are you?} ask of the father and a few thousand years later ask of the son, and only one answer , I AM. Jesus knew how to answer the high priest when the one question was ask, because he was there {Before Abraham was, I am} when Moses ask the same question of his Father. In Revelation 1:18

“I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.” I am he that liveth {before time was, I lived.}, and was dead {I was crucified and died for you}, behold, I am alive for evermore {my Father raised me from the dead and I will sit at his right hand forever}.

I love God’s word because every piece fits together {Exodus 3, Mark 14, John 8, and Revelation 1} and has it’s place, just as we have our place in the body and all pieces fit together or the body would just be an unrecognizable lump of something. Praise God for His matchless word.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login