Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Matthew 8:13 - Words

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Matthew 8:13 - Words
April 14, 2008 07:25AM
v 13 “And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.” {Matthew 8:13}

Many people just don’t believe that their words have any effect in a situation or on themselves. I heard it all the time where I worked, people cursing themselves and cursing others {I’m stupid, I just can’t make it through the week, I’m going to die if the work gets any harder, etc. Then, than person is an idiot, I wish he’d fall down and break his neck, etc.}. Have you heard things similar to this where you work? I’d be very surprised if you haven’t. In weak moments I know that I’ve said similar things, then the Holy Spirit within me makes me feel very guilty and I repent {sometimes my repentance takes a while - hours, maybe a day, maybe days}.

Now in case I sound like a pious person with only slipups in my weak moments, there’s a thing called my youth when I knew of the Lord and God but they were not in my life at that time. I was as they used to say on Saturday Night Life “a wild and crazy guy“. When I was drinking I had two modes of operation, I would retreat into myself and not say a thing or my lips would dribble all over the place, cursing’s and blessing’s from me it was more cursing’s, period.

Our Lord Jesus has made it clear to us that words are and have power. Jesus spoke the word to the centurion without seeing the servant and the servant was healed. Jesus learned the power of the spoken word from His father. Check out Genesis 1, and God said, and God called, and God blessed,. To my understanding, said, called, and blessed, all involve spoken words. As God’s words are eternal, so are our words, good or bad, eternal and never returning void. {Isaiah 55:11 - So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.}.

The power of our words can heal or destroy. I prefer healing as my Lord did and still does.

I’ve destroyed enough in my lifetime. IT’S TIME TO HEAL!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login