Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Romans 11:29 - Gifts

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Romans 11:29 - Gifts
April 15, 2008 06:56AM
v 29 “For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.” {Romans 11:29}

A gift is something freely given and freely received, without any hidden cost or ‘strings’ attached. When our heavenly Father gives us a gift or gifts all he would like from us is to love him and maybe a “thank you”. Now I know that this seems like our Father has ‘strings’ attached to his gift(s), but this is what he would like from us, this is not a condition of receiving that gift. Our father is without repentance when he gives us gifts. This means that he is not sorry or upset when we don’t take the gift or we use it wrongly, and he will not take it back. With our father a gift is truly free!

I believe that almost all of us know about the “big” gifts that God gives us, wisdom, word of knowledge, discernment of spirits, prophecy, healing, faith, miracles, you can find and study these and others in I Corinthians 12. What I would like to cover are the “small” or personal gifts that we receive from on high. Remember the last time you off handedly told someone about something that you would like, then comes along someone who just “happens” to have what you wanted and it is given to you, could this be a loving gift sent from your Father? How about the time you came up short of money to pay a bill that’s come due, and then from no where you receive just the amount you need, another loving gift sent from your father?

Our father loves giving gifts to bless us. These ‘gifts’ can come in any form, your supposed to go some where but it just doesn’t ‘feel’ right and you end up not going, then you find out later that something happened where you could have gotten hurt, a miracle when driving where you avoided an accident that you were sure that you were going to be involved in, did you consider that your loving father was watching over you and gave you the ‘gift’ of discernment {feeling}, the ‘gift’ of miracles {avoiding an accident}. I know that my father does these things or I wouldn’t be here, this is the same loving father that you have.

II Corinthians 6:18 “And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.”
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login