Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hebrews 1:14 - Ministering Spirits

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Hebrews 1:14 - Ministering Spirits
April 16, 2008 06:13AM
"Are not the angels all ministering spirits (servants) sent out in the service [of God for the assistance] of those who are to inherit salvation?" Hebrews 1:14

Dear Saints, what benefits the Lord has given us for our daily walk. Oh, bless the Lord, oh my soul for His goodness surpasses our understanding, His love is ever amazing. Bless the Lord, oh my soul for He is worthy of all honor.

There are many accounts in the Bible about angels that can leave no doubt in our minds that they exist. Some give angels too much attention to a point of actually worshipping them. Others don't even think about them at all! Yet, here in Scripture we see that angels are ministering spirits sent out in God's service to help those who are to inherit salvation. While typing I got an image of our soldiers over there in Iraq sent there by our country, our leadership. The Lord was showing me this to place an understanding of this verse in Hebrews. In the natural our troops ( and those of other countries) are fighting to free the people from a terrorist regime (talk about terrorist, satan is top in this league!) and in the spiritual God has angels sent to help those who are to inherit salvation. Hallelujah! Praise be to God!!! Many of us do not know of the daily battles that are taking place in the natural over in Iraq for we are not there and do not see it taking place with our natural eyes. And so it is in the spiritual realm, battles taking place that we are not even mindful of but, oh, what a comfort it is to know that God has provided angels to do battle for us who inherit salvation. Sometimes angels minister in such a way that we are mindful of their help so as with those involved in the car accident mentioned the other day that our daughters and granddaughter was involved in.

Angels are another benefit/provision given to us by our loving heavenly Father. We do not have to be saved for them to minister in our lives (though the Father knows who it is that will inherit salvation). Those who are God's kids need to be mindful of all the benefits God has given to those who are His, those who have accepted Jesus as their Lord. Our heavenly Father, through Christ Jesus, has provided much for us that many of us are not mindful of. God's Word tells us in Hosea 4:6 that His "people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." If we do not think it is not a big deal to search God's Word and His heart for the knowledge He desires us to have, for us to be aware of the benefits He has given us, then we need to read on in Hosea, "because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me; seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children." That should be enough to motivate us to learn more about God, if not for us, then for our children! Also, please remember that when God was speaking in Hosea He was talking to a people that lacked fellowship with Him, that which He desires most with His people. He desires to walk with them, be with them, just as He was with Adam in the garden. (A little extra info at no added cost. LOL).

Back to angels. A few years back I went with several women from the church we had attended to specific areas in our city to do spiritual warfare. At one particular place I "saw" in my spirit (not with my physical eyes but by a "knowing" within me) a large group of angels in the sky while praying. I asked the Lord to commission those angels to do warfare over that place as we were claiming it for the Lord, in Jesus' name. I "heard" one of the angels say, "we have been waiting for someone to call us into battle." Can you imagine that? Angels, waiting for the people of God to request that they be commissioned to do battle over these places that the enemy has acquired territory that is not legally his? Benefits given to us by God yet seldom or never used by many of His people.

I believe in the days ahead there are going to be more and more mention of visitations by angels and their workings upon the earth. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you more about angels purpose in your lives and upon the earth. The giver of a gift or provision finds most pleasure not in it's giving but in its use. Let us fully utilize all that God has provided for us, His children, and thank Him through our praise of Him and our obedience to Him, in Jesus' name. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login