Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Matthew 20:28 - Ministering

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Matthew 20:28 - Ministering
April 17, 2008 07:57AM
v 28 “Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.” {Matthew 20:28}

Everyone knows that the Son of man {the Lord Jesus} came to this world expressly to teach the gospel of the kingdom of God, and then to give his life as a ransom for many, as many as believe on him and in the Father who sent him. Reconciliation with our Father and salvation are now ours. I liken this to the prodigal son, he got his inheritance and then turned his back on his father. After many hardships he realized that he needed to go home to his father. This sounds like reconciliation with our heavenly Father to me.

Just how many of us have thought about Jesus’ ministering on the earth while He was among us? I mean truly thought about and meditated on His ministry. I’m sure that we can all recall a miracle that Jesus did, raise the dead, heal the physically sick, turn water into wine. Did any of you mention the Samaritan woman at Jacob’s well? How about here and now, ever have someone speak into your life things that you thought were well hidden. I’ve had this done to me, and I finally realized that my Lord was ministering to me, showing me the dark areas of my life so they would be open and set me free from guilt and shame. He’s done the same for you, even if you did not see it as ministering. What about the crazy things that we did in our youth? Our Father has already forgotten the things that we have confessed and repented of but these and other things that we have done need to be remembered so that we don’t do these things over and so that we can repent for our actions.

Our Lord is ministering to us in many ways so that when we come before the judgment seat of Christ there will be little on the bad side of the ledger, and much on the good side.

“ For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.” {II Corinthians 5:10}
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login