Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hebrews 6:17-20 - How Can I Be Sure

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Hebrews 6:17-20 - How Can I Be Sure
April 19, 2008 07:31AM
"Accordingly God also, in His desire to show more convincingly and beyond doubt to those who were to inherit the promise the unchangeableness of His purpose and plan, intervened (mediated) with an oath. this was so that, by two unchangeable things [His promise and His oath] in which it is impossible for God ever to prove false or deceive us, we who have fled [to Him] for refuge might have mighty indwelling strength and strong encouragement to grasp and hold fast the hope appointed for us and set before [us]. [Now] we have this [hope] as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul [it cannot slip and it cannot break down under whoever steps out upon it - a hope] that reaches farther and enters into [the very certainty of the Presence] within the veil. Where Jesus has entered in for us [in advance], a Forerunner having become a High Priest forever after the order (with the rank) of Melchizedek." Hebrews 6:17-29

After prayer and meditating on a verse for today's Scripture the Holy Spirit brought a verse to a song to my remembrance and I knew this was what was to be brought to the table this morning. But as the first Scripture did not apply specifically to this, a new one had to be found. More will be explained as we go on, but for now, here is the song that was given:

HOW CAN I BE SURE -

How can I be sure
In a world that's constantly changin'
How can I be sure
Where I stand with you

Whenever I
Whenever I'm away from you
I wanna die
'cause you know I wanna stay with you

How do I know
Maybe you're trying to use me
Flying too high can confuse me
Touch me but don't take me down

Whenever I
Whenever I'm away from you
My alibi is tellin' people I don't care for you
Maybe I'm just hanging around
With my head up, upside down
It's a pity
I can't seem to find someone
Who's as pretty 'n' lovely as you

How can I be sure
I really, really, really, wanna know
I really, really, really, wanna know

How's the weather
Weather or not, we're together
Together we'll see it much better
I love you, I love you forever
You know that I can be found

How can I be sure
In a world that's constantly changing
How can I be sure
In a world that's constantly changing
How can I, How can I, How can I
How can I be sure, I really wanna know
I really wanna know, I really wanna know
How can I be sure, I really wanna know
I really wanna know, I really wanna know

Over this past month we have been sharing about the benefits of God and even His promises. By the direction of the Holy Spirit today it appears the Lord wants us to be sure that His promises are true.

'How can I be sure, in a world that's constantly changing, how can I be sure where I stand with You, Lord', might be our hearts cry. First, I believe that has been the Holy Spirit's desire to show us how we can be sure where we stand with the Lord by leading us into Psalms 103. As His people, it is an honor to bless the Lord, to praise Him for His goodness. And the Lord would have us remember His benefits for it reminds us of His goodness towards us and it is meant to strengthen our relationship with Him. As we think upon the things He has done for His people before us and the things He has done in our own lives, the awareness of His faithfulness towards His people is fresh and it builds our faith in Him. God is never changing and what a blessing it is to know that! In Hebrews we read, "Accordingly God also, in His desire to show more convincingly and beyond doubt to those who were to inherit the promise the unchangeableness of His purpose and plan, intervened (mediated) with an oath. this was so that, by two unchangeable things [His promise and His oath] in which it is impossible for God ever to prove false or deceive us, we who have fled [to Him] for refuge might have mighty indwelling strength and strong encouragement to grasp and hold fast the hope appointed for us and set before [us]." God doesn't want us to have any doubts about what He has promised us so He has presented it to us by two unchangeable things, His promise and His oath. We will go into that further later but for today, mediate on this song and ask yourself if you are like the person singing this song, feeling doubt and uncertainty of where you stand with the Lord. There is much in this song that we can equate with our own feelings in our spiritual walk. Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you through it. There is so much He wants to show you, share with you, with me. I pray that our hearts will be open and that we would grow closer to our heavenly Father and to our Lord Jesus Christ.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login