Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I Corinthians 2:12-13 - Freely Given

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
I Corinthians 2:12-13 - Freely Given
April 21, 2008 07:00AM
v 12 “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.”
v 13 “Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.”
{I Corinthians 2:12-13}

Saturday the question was ask in a love song “How can I be sure”.

How can I be sure
In a world that’s constantly changing’
How can I be sure
Where I stand with you

How can we be sure of the promises that our Father has given us?

What we call the Old Testament can very simply be stated as a prophecy of the coming of our messiah, our Lord and saviour Jesus. A part of this prophecy is given in Isaiah 9:6 “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: ….”, unto us includes you and I. Is there any doubt that our Father sent his son Jesus to be with us? John 14:16, 26 and 15:26 Jesus promised that the father would send a comforter {Holy Spirit} to us. How do we know that this promise is true, the simplest ‘test’ is in I Corinthians 12:3 “Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.” A point to meditate on.

The ‘spirit of the world’ would have us to believe that none of this is true and that the Bible is fiction written by man and that it is not an historical love story written by man, yes but as the spirit of God lead. Baring the fact that millions of people still believe on Jesus, the spirit of the world is trying to wipe all vestige of the Father and his son Jesus from public view and speech. If the Bible was not truth and love, why would so many “restricted” countries throw you in prison for having a bible, why would they kill you for the mere mention of Jesus. Jesus told us that we would be persecuted for his sake. We in north America are starting to feel the rumblings of persecuting here. The so called “separation of church and state, hate crime laws, the teaching of other religions to our children in our public schools, but no mention of Christianity is allowed. Rumblings of the persecution to come {In a world that’s constantly changing’}.

Our standing with our Father is made perfectly clear for those that have accepted Jesus as Lord in Romans 8:14 “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons {and daughters} of God.”
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login