Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

John 20:29 - Believing

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
John 20:29 - Believing
April 23, 2008 06:12AM
v 29 “Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.” {John 20:29}

These last few days, we have been trying to show you that the promises of our Father and our Lord Jesus are true and sure, but I feel that we would be remiss if we did not point out our part in any of these promises, and that is “believing“. Your Father can promise you anything in the world but if you do not believe in the promises or a particular promise, you will not receive the promises or that particular promise. I’m sure that you have heard it said that “believing equals receiving”, with the promises of the world this saying maybe a 50/50 proposition, but with our Father we’ve been told in Romans 11:29 “For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.” The promises of the Father are not a 50/50 proposition but 100% assured, for with our Father there is no shadow of turning.

God promised David that he would be King. It was many years later that this came true, but David believed and he received the promise. Abraham {100 years old} and his wife Sarah {90 years old} had the promise of God that Sarah would bear a child {Isaac}, they believed and they received their promise.

Scripture is full of the promises of God. Do you believe them? Personal prophecy’s are also promises from our Father if the prophecy is given through the spirit of God and not the flesh of the person giving the prophesy. A few years ago one of our daughters left home at the age of 16 which in this state (Connecticut) is legal age for child to leave home, but the parents are still responsible for any debt that the child makes until the child turns 18. Anyway it was prophesied to us that our family would be whole again even if there were legal issues involved. We believed and prayed and in about a year our daughter returned home. Praise God!

The gifts and calling of our Father are without repentance, true and sure. Believe in the promises of God. Hold tight and they will come to pass.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login