Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Malachi 3:6a - I Do Not Change

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Malachi 3:6a - I Do Not Change
April 24, 2008 07:46AM
"For I am the Lord, I do not change;" Malachi 3:6a

We have been talking about how we can be sure where we stand with God. Having seen through Scripture that God has provided a way for us to know that His love towards us is true and that He has a purpose and will for us for He has given us two unchangeable things, His promise and His oath. And as we see in Malachi 3:6a, the Lord our God does not change. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. In a world that is constantly changing, there is one thing we can be sure of and that is God does not change.

In the very first book of the Bible, when He created the heavens and the earth and every animal, plant, tree and saw that it was good. And when He created man in His image He saw that it was very good. God was pleased with mankind and desired to fellowship with him. Our heavenly Father's plans for mankind were good and that has not changed. God's heart towards us has not changed. His desire to fellowship with us has not changed. He desires to bless us and not harm us. His love towards us does not change even when we
are out of fellowship with Him and He yearns for us always to draw close to Him.

We have gone over many of God's wonderful benefits towards those who love Him. What God did in the past for His people He continues to do today. God does not change. We do, but God does not.

There's a verse in the song we've been referring to that reads, "Whenever I'm away from you I wanna die 'cause you know I wanna stay with you" and I was struck with the realization that we sometimes feel we are separated from the Lord and we hurt so bad. When we mess up, sin, guilt and shame fills our being and we feel so far away from our Lord and we begin to withdraw into ourselves closing doors of fellowship and oneness with Him when the truth is He has never left or forsaken us. We lives and abides within us, God in Christ in us! Because of Jesus' sacrifice and resurrection we have been restored back to that one in the garden who had great favor and fellowship with the One True God. Praise be to God! We were created in His image - spirit which is Holy - and when we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord we are born again and in the rebirth we come forth with His Holy Spirit and I am being shown it is very much like a birth taking place in the natural. While that baby is in the womb we know it is alive. It has a heartbeat, a brain,
and can move and survive. But when it comes through the birth canal and is born it's survival will depend upon whether it draws breathe or not. That living breathe takes them from the place of the womb into the world. In the natural, if they do not draw that breathe they will die. In the spirit realm, when we accept Jesus as our Lord it is a new birth, going from the world into God's spiritual realm. Though we, like the baby in the womb, might have a life existence, it is only by drawing the breathe of the Holy Spirit (through Christ Jesus) that we will live in the eternal realm. Without that Spirit breathe (rebirth) we will die. Thank You Lord for that revelation!

Through Christ Jesus the One True God not only abides with us but lives within us as well. Praise be to God! We need never, ever to feel separated from God and His love. Whether we feel His presence or not, He is with us and He has not stopped loving and desiring to fellowship with those He created. God does not change! He loved us in the beginning and He loves us know. Throughout Scripture we read of God's great love and provisions for those who love Him back and are obedient to His Word. We see the many
benefits He gave and continues to give to those who seek His face and have union with Him. Read the accounts of God's provisions to His people. See His love manifested through Christ Jesus and never allow doubt to come anymore in regards to His love towards you. In a world that is constantly changing you can be sure, without a doubt, where you stand with God for He is unchanging. The only change that needs to take place is within us so that we can become more like His Son, Jesus Christ thus sharing God's precious love with others.

Bless the Lord, oh my soul, for He is worthy of our praise!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login