Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I Kings 8:56-58 - Rest In The Lord

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
I Kings 8:56-58 - Rest In The Lord
April 25, 2008 06:16AM
v 56 “Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.”
v 57 “The LORD our God be with us, as he was with our fathers: let him not leave us, nor forsake us:”
v 58 “That he may incline our hearts unto him, to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and his statutes, and his judgments, which he commanded our fathers.”
{I Kings 8:56-58}

Blessed be the Lord for his promises and good and true and not a single word has failed in all that He has promised. We have been presenting some of our Lord’s promises and they are all good and true and how they relate to you. To find all of God’s promises fulfilled and as yet unfulfilled, will take a lifetime of study of the scriptures. Study is a good thing and I‘m certainly not against study, but also getting to know your Father intimately for He will reveal His heart to you and let you know “first hand” the promises written and unwritten that He has for you.

The Lord our God is with us through his Holy Spirit which was send down from our Father on a promise to us from our saviour and master Christ Jesus. Granted many professing christians do not or will not access the Holy Spirit within them. Fear, wrong teaching, or no teaching at all about this precious gift that has been freely given unto us. Through the Holy Spirit our Father has fulfilled His promise given is verse 57, that He will not leave us or forsaken us. Some will say that these verses are a prayer that Solomon said before a gathering of all the congregation of Israel, and it is. But Solomon’s prayer is a foretelling of a promise to us from our Father {see Hebrews 13:5}.

I personally love the fact that my Father will never ever leave me or forsake me. I can talk with Him any time day or night and He can and will talk with me anytime day or night.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login