Anonymous User
Genesis 1:1-3 - August 2
August 02, 2015 09:07AM
Genesis 1:1 - August 2, 2015

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters." Genesis 1:1-3

Yesterday while preparing devotional, the Lord told me to go to Genesis 1:1 and use that for Sunday's (today) scripture. Upon reading it I knew that He was showing me the likeness of our being a new creation in Christ. When we accept Christ Jesus as our Lord and Savior and truly allow Him to be our Lord, God brings a new creation into our being that was not there before. That very void in our hearts that was there without Christ is now filled with Him. The darkness that once permeated our lives is now touched by His wonderous Light and we know understand that His Spirit has been hovering over us, waiting to recieve all that God so desired to give to us "in the beginning."

Oh, how marvelous is that truth! How wonderful is our God! When we are found in Christ, we are a new creation. Christ in us, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27) now dwells in us, giving us the availability and power to walk as a son or daughter of God because we are a new creation, born anew of His Spirit and all the "old" has passed away by Jesus' cleansing blood shed on the cross for the remission of sin and now we can live by His Spirit living in us rather than by the weakness of the flesh. Oh glory to God!

Father, reveal this truth us daily by Your abiding Spirit hovering over us and Christ Jesus' living in us. Help us to walk by Your truths rather than by what the world tells us is so. Let us not compromise our actions in order to fit in but rather help us cultivate the fruit of Your Spirit in out lives, walking in love as You are love and may the lost, hurt, dying be drawn to Your Light that they might be saved, made whole and become a new creation in Christ as well for Your glory and honor we ask these things in Jesus' name. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login