Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2 Corinthians 5:17a - August 3

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
2 Corinthians 5:17a - August 3
August 03, 2015 12:14PM
"Therefore, if any man is in Christ, he is a new creation;..." 2 Corinthians 5:17a

In a sermon by C. H. Spurgern in the year 1869, he said that there were three stages of the human soul in connection with Christ:
1) Without Christ
2) In Christ
3) With Christ

2 Corinthians 5:17a reads, "Therefore, if any man is in Christ [highlights and distinction mine}, he is a new creation" gives a clear understanding that we must be found in Christ to become a new creation, or as some Bible translations read, a new creature. Thus, there had to be a time when we were without Christ. I believe God's heart in doing this month's devotionals is for us to examine ourselves and find where in the stages of the human soul in connection with Jesus Christ, are we?

Are we living without Christ, even though we know of Him? That is possible. While we know in the natural there is great wealth in this world, do we find ourselves without it? Just knowing about something doesn't make it ours. Perhaps we go to church and hear about Jesus Christ and the wonderful things He has done in people's lives, yet we have not experienced that ourselves. So, even in hearing about Christ, could we not say we are without Him?

If that is you, it is my prayer that these devotionals will open up a new understand of our need of Him in our lives and what is required for us to be found in Him and with Him. Walking with Jesus is a journey and as with any journey walked, it is done one step at a time, each one drawing us closer to our destination. May you not grow weary in this journey for the destination, with Christ, is the best place to be...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login