Anonymous User
John 3:3, 6 - August 8
August 08, 2015 11:42PM
"Jesus answered and said to him [Nicodemus}, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.... That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit " John 3:3 & 3:6

Nicodemus was a Pharisee, a ruler of the Jews who followed the traditional and written law of the Jewish people.. He came to Jesus at night and said that he recognized Jesus as being a Teacher from God because of the signs He did and that is when Jesus responded to Nicodemus the need for one to be born again or else he could not see the Kingdom of God. What Jesus spoke to Nicodemus is true for us as well.

Unless we are born again, we cannot learn about the Kingdom of God and, as mentioned earlier in these devotionals, we cannot really know about God and His Kingdom. We just wouldn't be able to really grasp these things. That should help us who are born again to understand why others who don't know the Lord can't fully understand why it is that we love the Lord as we do and why we strive to live our lives to honor Him rather than ourselves. So instead of getting frustrated with them, we should be praying all the more that they would come to know our Lord Jesus Christ, and that through Him, they, too, would be born again and able to learn about their Heavenly Father and His Kingdom, amen?

Jesus makes it very clear, in verse 6 that he who is born of the flesh is flesh and he which is born of the Spirit is spirit. And only through Him, Jesus, can we receive this new birth. Without Jesus we are lost, living in a world of darkness without hope. In John 14:6 we read, "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'" How can we come to know our Creator without Him? How can we be born again in the Spirit if we strive to learn with our flesh nature? Its impossible! May our eyes of understanding be opened that we might know that we know exactly why we have our faith in Christ Jesus and why it is so important that we truly make Him our Lord and King!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login