Anonymous User
PROPHECY &FULFILLMENT - Day 1 - February 24
February 24, 2016 11:21AM
PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 1

Dear Reader,

Several years ago my husband, Billy, and I did a devotional/sharing on the prophecy of Jesus' coming in the Old Testament and the fulfillment of it found in the New Testament. I would like to share that again here. Be blessed.

Day 1 - Micah 5:2, Matthew 2:1-6 -

v 2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee
shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old,
from everlasting. {Micah 5:2}

v 1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came
wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
v 2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come
to worship him.
v 3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
v 4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of
them where Christ should be born.
v 5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
v 6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee
shall come a Governor, {Matthew 2:1-6}

As we are approaching “Resurrection Sunday”, the Holy Spirit would like for us to spend the next several day on the prophecies given in the Old Testament and fulfilled by our messiah, the Lord Jesus.

There are over 300 prophecies in the Old Testament that point to Jesus as the messiah {for you math majors out there calculate this - 1 man x 12 tribes {approximately 10,000 men per tribe} x 2000 towns/cities {approximate} x 300 prophecies}. Since no prophecy can be completed or fulfilled without a beginning, we’re going to start in Micah where he prophesies of the birthplace and rule of the messiah. Micah, was a native of the village of Moresheth in southern Judah, and prophesied during the reigns of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah. The reigns of these three kings were from about 750 B.C. to 687 B.C. This means that Micah’s prophecy did not come to pass for 687 to 750 years {and we think that personal prophecy should come to pass in a matter of days - weeks at the most}.

This learn of the fulfillment of this prophecy in Matthew 2:1-6. Jesus was born in the city of Bethlehem {Micah - But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah} in Judaea {verse 1}and ‘out of thee shall come a Governor’ {Micah - that is to be ruler in Israel}{verse 6}. Bethlehem is Bethlehem, a city that exists still, and the messiah - Jesus still is and forever will be the governor/ruler, not just of Israel but of the whole world.

In Greek, governor is the word - hegeomai, {meaning} to lead, i.e. command (with official authority); esteem, judge, have the rule over.
I thank God for sending a ruler to rule over my life, for without Jesus we would all be dead in trespasses and sins. I been there and I’m not about to go back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login