Advanced

Read Through New Testament in Three Months - October 11 - Matthew 25-26

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Read Through New Testament in Three Months - October 11 - Matthew 25-26
October 11, 2018 10:01AM
Read Through New Testament in Three Months

October 11 - Matthew 25 - 26

Reading through these two chapters I noticed a similar message in each of them, it was both a warning and a word of preparation being given by Jesus. I can hear in my spirit Jesus saying, "Choose today who you will serve and be aware that there is consequences when you choose this world over Me."

In Matthew 25 we read about the ten virgins. Five were wise and five were foolish. Those who we wise took the time to prepare before meeting their bridegroom, filling their lamps with oil (representative of the Holy Spirit). The foolish virgins didn't want to do anything to prepare and actually wanted to take from those who had done what was needed. A good reminder that we can't count on the faith of others who have built a relationship with the Lord to cover us when we meet Him face to face! The account of the servants who were given money by their master to invest while he was gone is similar to the ten virgins. Jesus has given us talents to invest on earth for His Kingdom's sake. Will He find that we had used them to increase lives coming to Him or will we hide these talents out of fear of making a mistake and therefore bringing no increase at all?

Then Matthew 26 speaks how Jesus was telling His disciples that He was going to be taken into custody, tried and killed as was written in the Scriptures. But the disciples didn't want to hear this. So like us today when we read that we will go through trials, trials that will make us stronger as we trust Him to see us through them. So many would rather get angry at God then to recognize that trials are stepping stones to draw closer to Him who is the Cornerstone of our salvation! Lord, examine our hearts and help draw us closer to You that we would be found to be Your faithful servants and virgins prepared and ready to meet our Bridegroom, in Jesus' sweet Name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login