Advanced

Read Through New Testament in Three Months - October 12 - Matthew 27 - 28

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Read Through New Testament in Three Months - October 12 - Matthew 27 - 28
October 12, 2018 09:40AM
Read Through New Testament in Three Months

October 12 - Matthew 27 - 28

What a marvelous journey we partake in when we walk through the Word of God with the Holy Spirit's leading. I have read through the Bible many times over yet i am amazed at what He is opening up to us in this hour. Is it just me? I am wondering what He is showing you as well. Please don't be shy to add what He is revealing to you through His Word. It might be something some dry, thirsty soul is longing or needing to hear.

Matthew 27 opens up with the account of Judas betraying Jesus for thirty pieces of silver. What is so sad in this is that Judas recognized his sin by bringing the silver back to the chief priests and Jewish leaders but fails to repent before God. He allows the guilt and shame of that sin to move him to take his own life. Whether one commits suicide or allows the guilt of their wrong doing to destroy their lives it is something they need not do because God has provided a propitiation for their sin by repentance through Christ Jesus. Many lives are lost because they do not recognize that we all have fallen short of the glory of God and thus truly are in need of a Savior who is available to us all. Sin does not have todestroy us, nor does it have to hold us subject to it. Precious people, God has provided a way for us to turn away from our sins and become whole in Him. It's amazing. He's amazing!

So much more is found in these two chapters. Pilate's wife telling him to not find this innocent man (Jesus) guilty; Jesus' mocked, spit on and scorned yet presented as King of the Jews; darkness covering the earth for three hours before Jesus dismisses His spirit to God; and a detail we often don't hear of spoken in the church - when the curtain was split in the Temple from top to bottom, the earth shook and the tombs of the godly men and women who had died came back to life and after Jesus' resurrection they left the cemetery and went into Jerusalem appearing to many people! Think of it, not only did Jesus appear to others after His resurrection, so did many others, showing that through Jesus there is life eternal!! Can you imagine living there at that time? The conversations that must have taken place? The fear that must have gripped the hearts of those who didn't understand what was taking place? And the joy instilled in those who believed on the teachings and words of Jesus Christ and His disciples? No wonder the disciples were able to endure such punishment as a follower of Christ after having tasted of His goodness, power and love!

As you read through God's Word allow it to fill you, nourish you, and be open to the Holy Spirit to help you read through the lines the wonders of His hand and His heart towards all mankind but open to being received or not by us. It remains in our hands whether we believe in Him or not. The consequences of sin is death and that is what Judas received. Had he repented before God through Jesus and turned from his sinful ways his life could have gone on and he could have done great exploits for the Kingdom of God, if he chose to.Today God sets before us life and death. Let us choose wisely. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Hallelujah! All glory and honor is due Him!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2018 09:43AM by Joan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login