Advanced

Read New Testament in Three Months - October 26 - Luke 12 - 13

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Read New Testament in Three Months - October 26 - Luke 12 - 13
October 26, 2018 09:31AM
Read New Testament in Three Months

October 26 - Luke 12 - 13 

These two chapters of Luke are ones of great seriousness in regards to our standing with God and whether we will gain His Kingdom. It talks about walking in relationship and obedience to with and to Him. 

In Chapter 12:2-3  Jesus talks about everything that is done in darkness will be brought to light, it will be revealed. That whispered against another in the solitude of our home or another place will be shouted from the housetops, exposed. What we might think we are keeping hidden from God and others will be uncovered. Nothing is hid from God. If we say we walk with Jesus but sin thinking no one sees is deception from the enemy. If we do not repent now, it will be too late to do so once we pass from this world. Verses 4-5 of this chapter Jesus says, "I say unto you, My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom you shall fear: Fear Him which after He hath killed killed hath power to cast into hell, yes I say unto you, Fear Him." (KJV) The enemy might kill our mortal body but God has the power to cast our eternal soul into hell. We must take this seriously and heed what Jesus is telling us in these two chapters and throughout the Word of God.

Our Lord came that we might have life and have it more abundantly. His love is freely given but it is up to us to work for the salvation of our soul. Jesus redeemed our spirit and took what was unholy and made it holy through His sacrifice. That doesn't mean we don't have a work to do upon the earth. We must reverence God and strive to walk in His ways. As we submit to the Holy Spirit and are attentive to our relationship with the Lord, this is doable! Don't just read these two chapters of Luke haphazardly. Meditate on what you are reading. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal areas in your life that you need to submit to Him and change and ask forgiveness for those things you have fallen short of, in Jesus' Name. Eat of His Word and know He is good. He set things in place not to restrict us in life but to protect us from the wiles of the enemy and sin which causes harm and even death. May your eyes of understanding be enlightened now and even more in the days ahead. God bless!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login