Advanced

Read New Testament in Three Months - October 28 - 17 - 18

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Read New Testament in Three Months - October 28 - 17 - 18
October 28, 2018 06:26AM
Read New Testament in Three Months

October 28 - 17 - 18

As it is Sunday, I normally do not add anything beyond the Bible verse for this day. After reading the two chapters, there was something specifically that stood our to me, something of major importance for us to know as the body of Christ. Please listen with open heart and willing spirit.

Let us read Luke 17:7-10:

7 “Suppose one of you has a servant plowing or looking after the sheep. Will he say to the servant when he comes in from the field, ‘Come along now and sit down to eat’? 8 Won’t he rather say, ‘Prepare my supper, get yourself ready and wait on me while I eat and drink; after that you may eat and drink’? 9 Will he thank the servant because he did what he was told to do? 10 So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.’ ” (NIV)

Read these verses a couple of times until it becomes clear what Jesus is saying. He is saying that we all have things to do as children of the most High God. We are supposed to fellowship with Him, read His Word, love Him and one another, etc., etc. The list goes on and on. He gives us instructions in His Word what our obligations are and Jesus speaks them out so that we are not ignorant of our responsibilities. We shouldn't seek any praise or reward for doing them. We just do them because we are supposed to! Yet many today will do one thing for the Lord and want to make a big deal about it. He/she wants everyone to know that they didn't curse or yell at their children or mate, served at the church meeting, etc and think they should recognition for this. Not so. It is simply what we are to do or not do according to the Word and will of God!

Many might ask, "how am I going to do these things. They are hard. There's times I get mad and loose it! Does that make me bad?" Ah, the wonder of God's mercy and grace when we go before Him and ask forgiveness of our sin and mean it. He is faithful to forgive our sins when we truly repent from them and strive to sin no more.

Something we need to be aware of, when we honestly accept Jesus as Lord, that means we allow Him to tell us what is expected of us. Through Him we become a new creation and His Spirit now lives and abides in us. When we submit to His Spirit we are to be led by Him. Like little babes we need to grow in the Word through reading it and spending time with Him who is worthy. The growth isn't instantaneous but with persistence, we will see the change taking place in us. As our love for Him grows, our desire to do nothing that will hurt Him or others will grow as well. If we do not allow this growth to take place in us then we should question if we are truly saved. If we are doing things to make ourselves feel good and to get recognition then some soul searching is in order. Jesus did everything on earth in obedience to His Heavenly Father. He said when you see Him, you see God. Jesus is the example of our Heavenly Father and just as He was/is obedient to God so should we be as well.

Let's just do what we are called to do and bring Him glory and honor for He is truly worthy of it! God bless you all with a closer, deeper and freeing walk with our King and our Beloved, in His precious Name I pray. Amen.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2018 07:55AM by Joan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login