Advanced

Read the New Testament in Three Months - November 1 - John 1 - 3

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Read the New Testament in Three Months - November 1 - John 1 - 3
November 01, 2018 10:21AM
Read the New Testament in Three Months

November 1 - John 1 - 3

Reading the first three chapters in John has brought me to tears several time.The Gospel of John is one of my favorite books in the Bible. Today's chapter are filled with the awe and wonder of our Father, our Lord Jesus Christ, and even the Holy Spirit. My heart rejoices with how much we are loved and how much God has given us through His Son. Beyond words to describe.

Verse 1 of John reads, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Let's let that sink in. In the beginning Jesus was (He who is the Living Word existed in the beginning) , and Jesus was with God (moving and doing with the Father), and the Word was God (Jesus and Father God are One, that is why what we see Jesus doing and saying  in His time on earth we can know He is reflecting our Heavenly Father's heart and will to and for us.) The mercy and grace Jesus extended to the broken, the sinner, to the lost, to the sick and to the tormented is the same mercy and grace God desires to extend to all. Praise be to God! Jesus displayed Abba God's heart to us, to you, to me! Please, please hear this truth! Receive His precious love now if you never have before!

In John  2:1-11 Jesus' first miracle is recorded. At the marriage in Cana, we see where Jesus changes  water into wine. This is so significant to us. Wine is representative of the Holy Spirit. Even the fact that this miracle was done at a wedding is significant. From the beginning, Jesus was/is looking for a Bride, one that would be set apart from the world and faithful to Him. Changing the water to wine is as if He is saying, I am taking the things of this world changing them from worldly into holy: water - earthly, wine - Holy Spirit! Praise be to God!!! It even signifies the changing of our earthly bodies being born again into spiritual ones now holy through the new birth in Christ. Incredible.

Before ending this post today, I want to add my first favorite verse in the Bible, now two favorite verses that are life changers is we soak in their truth and live in their reality:

"For God so loved the world that sent His Only Begotten Son that whosoeover believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

"For God sent His Son into the world not to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:17

Receiving His free gift of love and then taking that love which we have been freely given and sharing it with others will change the world. It is my prayer that all that believe in Christ Jesus do this very thing. God bless you all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login