Advanced

Read New Testament in Three Months - November 13 - Acts 11 - 13

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Read New Testament in Three Months - November 13 - Acts 11 - 13
November 13, 2018 10:06AM
Read New Testament in Three Months

November 13 - Acts 11 - 13

In these chapters we are reminded that Jesus did not come to save only the Jews, but ALL people .Acts 11 we read where some Jewish believers were offended and upset that Peter had gone and eaten with Gentiles and shared the Good News of Jesus Christ with them. Peter tells them of the vision God had given him and spoken to him not to call unclean that which God had cleansed. Salvation is for anyone who believes on the Name of Jesus and who follows in His ways. Perhaps we ought to put these words into our memory bank and never forget them. God loves ALL mankind and would that none would perish. Just because we might think there is no hope for some of these people who we encounter, like Saul in our readings who became Paul and, as I mentioned yesterday, John Ramirez who was a satan worshipper, we never know if there is a possibility for them to accept Jesus so we must continue to pray for them. Only God knows the hearts of men, we do not. And, perhaps it will be our prayers that opens a door into their hearts to receive Jesus. What an opportunity to add to the Kingdom of God! Let us allow God to do His part and let us be faithful to do ours!

While there is much that could be shared here, there is much that you, yourself can gleam for today's and each day's reading. While I am sharing what is standing out to me, I know without a doubt that there is messages found within these chapters just for you - a personal message from the Lord to teach and strengthen you in your walk with Him. It is my prayer that each person who reads these devotionals will develop a hunger to hear His voice for themselves, not just read the words revealed to another. While that might be helpful to learn from another in your journey with Christ, there is no replacement for that personal walk with our Lord and our God. Ask God to give you a hunger for His Word and His will and then 'taste and see that He is good.'

One way to build that ability to hear His voice and relationship is found in Acts 13:2-3 and throughout the New Testament, through worship, fasting and prayer. Most of the modern church has gotten worship down, at least through music but we also need to learn to worship Him through obedience. And while many pray for themselves and family, they have forgotten that we are all one body in Christ. There are brothers and sisters in other nations as well as this that are going through persecution, starvation, and more. Our prayer lives could certainly improve and must if we desire to see His Kingdom come on earth as it is in Heaven. It starts with us, individually, becoming His disciples and demonstrating Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world, serving rather than seeking to be served. For many in the church fasting has become a lost art because many are seeking the hand of God rather than His heart. When we fast we are putting our flesh under submission to its selfish desires and seeking to allow His Spirit in us to arise, for His glory and honor.Those who do fast have never regretted it for it brings us closer to Him, the cries of the flesh subdue and the wish of His voice is heard. Glory! What an amazing thing it is to draw closer to Him and to put your head on His chest, able to hear His heartbeat. Thank You, Jesus!

God's many blessings to you as you desire to know Him better. How He longs for that. Shouldn't we as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2018 10:12AM by Joan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login