Advanced

Read New Testament in Three Months - November 21 - Romans 8 - 10

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Read New Testament in Three Months - November 21 - Romans 8 - 10
November 21, 2018 11:30AM
Read New Testament in Three Months

November 21 - Romans 8 - 10

We read valuable information in these chapters in Romans. It is good and wise to meditate on Scripture and to search out what the Lord is speaking to us, what is it He wants us to know and what is it that truly brings about our salvation and renewed relationship with Him. Some might think that it is as simple as saying, "I am sorry for my sins so  repent to God and receive Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior" and think it is a done deal at that very moment. That is not the case. That is the beginning of one's journey with the Lord but just as a new born child comes into this world, they have to grow, learn and mature. We read in Romans 8:14 - "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." These words show that there is a need for us to be led by the Spirit of God, doing that which the Spirit teaches us to do, both through the written word (logos) and the revealed (rhema) word. It is a process. If we are not open to the leading of the Holy Spirit and are faithful to do that which He shows and teaches us then growth hasn't taken place in us. But when we recognize that through Christ we become a new creation and strive to keep our flesh under submission to the will of the Spirit of God in us, then we are on the right track!

We read in one of these chapters, "Nothing can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." How wonderful to know that God's love for us is always available to us. Though life might present us challenges and trials, God's love is never far from us. Even is we walk in sin and desire to repent before Him, He is ready to hear our cries of repentance and to receive us back to Him. Its important to know how much He loves us and to never fear to return to Him when we have fallen short, asking forgiveness and seeking to follow His will from then on, as best we can knowing we will and do have His Spirit abiding in us to enable us to overcome the weakness of the flesh. Praise be to God for that!!!

Many ask how they can grow their faith. Well, in Romans 10:17, "So then faith comes by hearing (what is told] and what is heard comes by preaching [of the message that came from the lips of Christ [the Messiah Himself]." Jesus is the Living Word made flesh and we find that He is written about throughout the Old and New Testament. In the Old Testament the prophetic voice was for the telling of the coming of the Messiah, our Lord. In the New Testament is the fulfillment of His coming and that which He did and will do in days to come. I love reading Jesus' Words in red and meditating upon them because these are the precious words of our Lord and Savior and there is so much we can learn from them. Amen? Amen.

As a little side note, there have been some challenges that has hit my family and myself rather intensely. For awhile I have heard in my spirit that everything will work out for the best, that God will take what the enemy meant for harm and He will turn it to good as I hold fast to Who He is and the promises He gave us through Christ Jesus. I sometimes get down, but the Holy Spirit reminds me of what He has said in His Word.

Over the last few days I have seen the time on my cell phone to be 8:28. When I first saw it I sensed God was speaking to me through it but didn't think too much of it until a day or two later I saw it again. That was yesterday and this time I sensed that I was to look it up in Romans, though I didn't remember what was written there. So I looked it up. How blessed I was to find that not only God speaking to me in my spirit but He also went so far as to verify it in His Word for this is what I read: Romans 8:28: And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God , to them who are the called according to His purpose." What an amazing God we have!!! He is worthy of all glory and honor!!! Amen and amen!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login