Advanced

25 Days of Christmas - Day 4

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
December 05, 2018 09:27AM

Ephesians 2:13

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

I know that I was baptized when I was but an infant, and I am rather certain that many of you were also baptized when you were infants also. Did you feel any different or do you remember anything of the baptism or did you hear from God? I know that I personally don’t remember anything about it. Now when you started to grow-up, maybe your parent or parents took you to church were they had these “bible studies” for different age groups. You probably learned some neat stories, and that was all they were, stories. You felt like ‘ye who sometimes were far off’. You didn’t know God or Jesus and you probably felt like they didn’t know you or even care about you .

Then came our teen and young adult years. Pursuit of other things occupied our young minds, but always in the back of our minds was a tugging that we could not explain. About this time our brains engaged and we knew that the tugging was our Lord calling us back to him. He loved {and still loves} us that much, that he would wait patiently for us to recognize his love and our Fathers love for us. Shame and remorse washed over us as we reflected on what {or lack of what} we had given the Lord for all his love for us.

With Gods help {for we couldn’t help ourselves} and the washing our Christ blood over us we were nigh unto Christ {drawn from afar to be with the Lord} by this we became a new creation, a man and our love for our Saviour and our Father took on a new meaning {the ‘stories‘ also took on a new meaning in our hearts - these stories are truth and not fiction}. This ‘new meaning’ takes the form of loving the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength, letting Christ’ love show through us, loving ones neighbor, following the commands of our Lord, and many more such acts. God’s love for you has and will not never waver. Let us give back to our Lord such as we have. Praise him for what he has done, worship him for who he is worthy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login