Advanced

Read New Testament in Three Month - December 5 - Philippians 1 - 4

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Read New Testament in Three Month - December 5 - Philippians 1 - 4
December 05, 2018 09:57AM
Read New Testament in Three Months

December 5 - Philippians 1 - 4

Between the years 60 and 62 A.D.  Paul wrote this letter to the church in Philippi. When Paul goes to Philippi he establishes a church that is most Gentiles. He is blessed at their faithfulness and support they have given to him and, while in prison, he wants to encourage them to continue to walk in godly unity and love, to not forsake prayer and to continue to let Christ Jesus be their example to follow after. 

As we read these chapters it is easy to see his heart towards them as a spiritual father, wanting them to grow in Christ Jesus and not to lose hope. Love just seeps through his words and the encouragement is palatable. Verses like Philippians 1:9- ("And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment' that ye may approve things that are excellent; that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ; being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.).", Philippians 2:12 ("Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only. but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.), Philippians 4:4 (Rejoice in the Lord always; and again I say, rejoice.), Philippians 4:12-13 ("I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound:where in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.shows Paul's heart to share the Christian walk and how to apply it to their lives, enabling them to mature and advance in the ways and glory of God.

I am reminded, that while Paul was in prison, God took what the enemy meant for evil and turned it to good for look at the encouragement we receive even today through Paul's letters written while in what we would perceive to be negative circumstances. Let Paul's example here be a reminder that no matter what is happening in our lives, we can use it, through Christ, to bring glory to God, amen? Amen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2018 10:00AM by Joan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login