Advanced

Read New Testament in Three Months - December 10 -2 Timothy 1 - 4

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Read New Testament in Three Months - December 10 -2 Timothy 1 - 4
December 10, 2018 10:52AM
Read New Testament in Three Months 

December 10 - 2 Timothy 1 - 4

This second letter was sent to Timothy around 66 and 67 A.D. by the apostle Paul. Over the years they had developed a close relationship akin to father and son.This was written at a time where Paul was awaiting execution in a Roman prison and from what is known, this might have been his last letter written before his death. It is Paul's desire to reassure Timothy of God's unending love and Paul's assurance that he knows he will be going to his eternal home in Heaven. He tells Timothy not to be ashamed of the Gospel and more. Its a father's heart reaching out to his beloved son knowing his days on earth are almost over and he is at peace with that and doesn't want Timothy to lose heart, but to stay strong, being made aware of what it will be like in the last days  and the importance of teaching the Good News of Jesus Christ.

Reading these chapters today understanding that Paul knew that his days on earth were growing shorter and understanding the days we are living in  brought a new intensity and sensitivity to the words being spoken to his spiritual son. These chapters  contain several verses that I had, years ago, memorized because of their importance to our spiritual walk, such as: :"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7), "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15), and "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" (2 Timothy 3:16) But this morning the entire book was alive and I could hear Paul's heart as a  father reassuring Timothy the importance of walking in the truth of God's Word and all of the promises He has given us that we can do it with the Holy Spirit's help. I've never could relate like this before as I am now, though I have read the entire Bible cover to cover many times over. Perhaps it is because I am older and know my days on earth are shorter than those behind me or perhaps it is the times in which we are living, times where evil has taken such a hold upon our land and the world and that God's people need to arise in truth and holiness to present His love, mercy and grace to a lost and dying world and I kind of lean to that because its God's timing to awaken the body of Christ like never before because the need is great. The stakes are high and the enemy is fully aware of it, pulling out all his arsenal to dissuade the people of God to walk in the power given to us through Christ Jesus and to bring the rest of the world into division and deception. I want my children and grandchildren not to be ignorant of the things of God and of the enemy and also to know that they have been empowered through the Holy Spirit to be more than overcomers through Christ which saved us. I want them to not fall into the slumber of the world with all its distractions, deception and self absorption. I so greatly desire that that rise up in Christ for their sakes and the sakes of their children and their children's children knowing that the time is short. My heart cries out that they know Him, love Him and honor Him today and always. I don't want them to regret tomorrow what they aren't doing today to grow stronger and wiser in Christ Jesus. Like Paul, my heart is filled with a knowing that to follow after Christ is the greatest thing one can do and that He is deserving of our faithfulness now and forever.

I challenge you today to read 2 Timothy asking the Holy Spirit to give you our Heavenly Father's heart towards His child, the love of our Lord Jesus willing to make the sacrifice that He did so that we could be laborers for God's Kingdom and restoring mankind from death unto eternal life through Him, and a deep desire to be faithful servants living lives righteous before Him. God's very creation is groaning, lamenting that the sons (and daughters) of God arise and take back all the enemy has stolen, being good stewards of all He has given us, taken dominion of all He has told us to do from the beginning of creation! Let us move towards that mark for His glory and honor, in Jesus' mighty Name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login