Advanced

25 Days of Christmas - Day 12

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
December 12, 2018 09:06AM

Psalm 68:5 {expounded}; father of the fatherless
v 5 A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.

For a period of my youth, I was semi fatherless. You see my natural father abandoned us when I was 4 years old, but was in the picture just enough for me to know him. He would come into my life 1 to 3 hours, say that he loved me and then disappear, not be heard of or seen for weeks/months at a time. In yesterdays devotional, my lovely wife used ‘abandoned, rejected, unloved’ and that is just how I felt plus confused, for I knew that I was missing something - a man a father that I could look up to with pride and say "that’s my dad". Then at about the age of 9 or 10, a wonderful, strong, and caring, man came into my {our} life. Here was someone that I could look up to! But something was still missing.

Through my teens and early adulthood that ‘something was still missing’ gnawed in me. By this time I was happily married and I thought that all was right in the world, but then the father, that I didn’t know, gentle but firmly slapped me upside the head and got my attention. Gradually I came to know my heavenly Father as the one who cared for me in the dark times {4 to 10} and the bright times. I also came to know that although ‘I thought that all was right in the world’, that I needed some deep healing. For deep down inside I still harbored the seeds of ‘rejection and abandonment’ toward my natural father. I must say that forgiveness was not one of my strong points.
After a few halfhearted "I forgives" and not feeling any better for saying it, I ask my daddy in heaven to forgive me for my hardheartedness toward my earthly father, and he forgave me. This is what I needed to truly forgive my earthly father.

Many of you can relate to this testimony or give your own testimony about ‘abandoned, rejected, unloved’. Just be assured that you have a Father in Heaven who loves you as no other can and if you will let him, he will heal you from ‘rejection, abandonment, and the feeling that your unloved or even unlovable’.

Rejection, abandonment, and the feeling of being unloved or even unlovable are burdens placed on us by the world that wants nothing more than to tear us down. Praise God for a daddy in heaven that’s into healing and forgiveness. A father of the fatherless who by his word is the Heavenly Father to all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login