Advanced

25 Days of Christmas - Day 16

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
December 16, 2018 08:26AM

Matthew 22:39 {expounding on}; Love your neighbour as thyself

v 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

My wife briefly touched on this commandment in yesterdays devotional ’ Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.’
Then the question to us is, who is my neighbour? Is my neighbour the person {family} living next door to me or does this mean the whole block that I live on, city? All of these answers are correct, but we’re leaving out two of the more important people and groups in this verse, yourself {thyself} and the household of God, your Christian brothers and sisters.

If we do not love ourselves because of verbal abuse from our parents and associates who tell us that we will never amount to anything, we will begin to believe this lie and it leads one to low self esteem. We then will be unable to love ourselves much less love our neighbour. Love is a very powerful and wonderful thing and it will overcome fear and low self esteem. To find love when we have been beaten down by family and associates, we just have to look inside ourselves. We’ve heard the expression "God doesn’t make junk" Well we are not ‘junk’. We are a child of the most high God. We need to remind ourselves that, I am a child of the most high God and that, "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment {verbal abuse} thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD." {Isaiah 54:17} We do have the love {agape} of our father inside of us and it is very pleasing to him for us to share his love with our neighbours. Some neighbours we may not know or we just don’t like them for some reason true or false, these are the times that we need to overcome ourselves and share the love of God with them. Some of our neighbours may not know the father {and the son} and their unconditional love for them.

Loving our father and loving our neighbours brings us closer to giving the ultimate gift to our father, namely the living sacrifice of ourselves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login