Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

25 Days of Christmas - Day 17

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
December 17, 2018 07:10PM

"If I [can] speak in the tongues of men and [even] of angels, but have not love (that reasoning, intentional, spiritual devotions such as is inspired by God's love for and in us), I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers (the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), and understand all the secret truths and mysteries and possess all knowledge, and if I have [sufficient] faith so that I can remove mountains, but have not love (God's love in me) I am nothing (a useless nobody). Even if I dole out all that I have [to the poor in providing] food, and if I surrender my body to be burned or in order that I may glory, but have not love (God's love in me) I gain nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Having spent some time on the two greatest commandments given to us by our Lord Jesus Christ, the understanding puts a greater emphasis to that which is written in 1 Corinthians. Though we might have been given wonderful giftings, even receiving great revelation from God, and do mighty exploits for the kingdom of God sacrificing everything to meet the needs of others, if we not do it with love (God's love), then all of these giftings and works profit us nothing. Yes, it might benefit others but as for being put to our account, it will count for nothing before our God. To walk in the love of God is no small matter and as seen in what Jesus had to say about it in the two greatest commandments, it is of the utmost importance to do! What motivates us in our Christian walk. Do we do things out of a sense of obligation or fear? Do we use the giftings given to us as a way to bless others out of true godly love or do we use these giftings with a sense of pride, a sense of being more gifted than another?

In the following days let us allow the Holy Spirit to search our hearts and allow Him to do heart surgery if our hearts are in need of it. Do we have blocked arteries there caused by a lifestyle that has been filled with hurt, anger and unhealthy eating, eating from the world's table rather than the Lord's? As we approach the new year it is a good time to set our minds to exercising the love of God in us, to becoming healthy and whole in Christ Jesus. Let us prepare ourselves to be open to what the Holy Spirit will be showing us about love in the days to come and let us pray that it will not just be words set before us but that it will be a life change taking place and warmly welcomed, in Jesus' name
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login