Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

25 Days of Christmas - Day 18

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
December 19, 2018 01:04AM

v 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. (KJV)

We all have ‘faith’ {unquestioning belief that does not require proof - Webster’s dictionary}, faith in our Father and our Lord Jesus. Is it possible that Mr. Webster got this one wrong from a Christians view? We have faith not because we have seen our father or our Lord Jesus, but we have seen their miracle’s in this day and age, most of us have manifested the spiritual gifts spoken of in scripture, speaking in a new tongue, prophecy, word of wisdom, word of knowledge, faith, the gift of healing, working of miracles, discerning of spirits, interruption of tongues. I for one do not belief that these things fit into Mr. Webster ‘s ‘does not require proof ‘.

And we all, I pray, have "hope". Hope in the life to come {Acts 24:15, 26:6, Romans 5:2, 5:5, 8:24-25 among many others}. Have you ever heard the saying the "hope springs eternal"? Check out Titus 1:2 and 3:7, it is my belief that these scriptures are the bases for this saying {I tried looking up the origin of this saying but I could not find it}.

Charity {love}, is the last of the three mentioned in this verse, yet Paul writes that ‘but the greatest of these is charity’. This reminds me of the scriptures in Matthew 19:30 and 20:16, were the ‘first shall be last and the last shall be first’. The last being charity or love shall be {or should be} first {the greatest of these …}in our lives. How can we live with out love? The love of our father for us, our love of the father and his son, our big brother, Jesus. Our love for our neighbours which is the second greatest commandment. Our love should transcend, brotherly love, love of family, love of self, for these love’s do not show the true character {love} of our father toward his creation.

We need to have and go forth with the love of God, agape love. Agape love is the love of our father, and this should and shall be returned to him by us with a pure heart. Agape love should fill our hearts, and as my wife said in her devotional of December 17th, if we so allow "heart surgery" so that we may become "healthy and whole in Christ Jesus". What a blessed gift this would be to our father!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login