Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ephesians 1:7 - Riches Of His Grace

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Ephesians 1:7 - Riches Of His Grace
December 14, 2007 07:26AM
v 7 “In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;” {Ephesians 1:7}

We all know that we have been redeemed {saved} by the blood of our Lord Jesus and according to the riches of the grace of God {For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Ephesians 2:8}. So why ‘the forgiveness of our sins? Many Christians say that “we’re saved by grace and we’re going to heaven, isn’t that enough, isn’t that what it’s all about”. How wrong they are.

Our Father is looking for a pure and spotless bride to present to his son. One who has a pure heart and is spotless {sinless} in his eyes. Before you quote me the scripture that says ’we have all sinned …’, have you ask your father for forgiveness of your sins and repented of those sins? We can go about forgiving others of their sins toward us and we feel better for doing so. But the opposite will happen when we don’t forgive others their sins against us. That unforgiveness eats at our soul like a ravenous cancer, causing us the become angry, plotting all manor of revenge, and distracting us from our father who loves us and is just waiting to help. Anger, revenge, these are sins within ourselves that as long as we harbour them, they will continue to eat away at us, causing us to move farther and farther away from our daddy.

We all need our fathers forgiveness, that’s why the father ask his son {Jesus} to die on the cross, to take away the sins of the world. Have we been a sinless people since then? The answer is “No”. As I stated in the devotional two days ago, I HAD TO ask forgiveness for myself before I could truly forgive my natural father. When my heavenly daddy forgave me, that’s when my real healing began and my forgiveness of my father healed my heart even more.

I feel Abba’s love for me and you can have this same feeling of being loved. And yes, I still continue to sin and my daddy lets me know about it. That’s why forgiveness of sins is such a big deal with the father. It wasn’t a one time deal at the cross, for our father knows our makeup and he knew that we as his people would and do continue to sin. All he wants is for us to ask for forgiveness, repent and our sins will be remembered no more.

Remember, Our Father is looking for a pure and spotless bride to present to his son. You and I can be part of that bride, and it all starts with forgiveness.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login