Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I John 3:1-2 - We Are The Sons Of God

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
I John 3:1-2 - We Are The Sons Of God
January 01, 2008 09:18AM
“Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.” 1 John 3:1-2

How often do we consider the depth, width, and height of God’s love for us? When we were once dead from sin because of the first Adam, God provided a Way back to Him through His Son Jesus Christ. And it was a way which cost Him dearly. When we think of all Jesus suffered for our sake, all the pain and humiliation He took upon Himself so that we could be reunited with the Father it should humble us and fill our hearts with thanksgiving and gratitude. His love for us is so beyond our comprehension yet let us try to understand it as best as we can. A gift is appreciated more when one knows the great cost and sacrifice in which it was purchased.

When we know what it cost God to send His Son for our sakes and come to know that through Christ Jesus we are now God’s children, it is easier to put up with the ridicule and distain that might come from others who do not know our Lord or even from those who say they do! Being part of the family of God means we are (and should) look different from those living in this world. I think about the Indian women who come to our country from afar. Many will dress in the clothing which is the custom of their country, long , colorful dress worn often with something covering their foreheads. To Americans this is foreign clothing not like that attire which is worn in our land. We who are His should look different, too. We should be clothed with righteousness and should stand out in a crowd as do these Indian women. If we are not different than those around us then, perhaps, we have conformed ourselves too much to this world and we need to re-evaluate from whence we come - from the kingdom of God!

Now we recognize that we live in a corruptible body and our battle is going on daily, warring against the things of this flesh which is continually influenced by the enemy and our weaknesses. But He who abides in us is strong! And one day we will unite with Him and have an incorruptible body. Oh, JOY! To see Him face to face, dear sweet Jesus!

Til that glorious day may we never forget God’s endless love for us and how much it cost Him to bring us back to Him as His children knowing one day we will be like His precious Son with incorruptible bodies united as a family - FOREVER!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2008 08:47AM by Joan.
Anonymous User
Re: I John 3:1-2 - We Are The Sons Of God
January 06, 2008 09:00AM
Precious Saints, we have entered into a new year, a year of new beginnings. We can bless God in this year by showing Him how much we appreciate the Gift He has given us in His Son. We can spend some time each day with Him, meditating on the things of God through His Word and one on one with the Holy Spirit. That God would call us who were made from the dust of the earth His children, sons and daughters of the most High God, well, that is nothing short of amazing! Lets face it, we all have our weaknesses and flaws and I have yet to met a perfect person aside from Jesus Christ so to think that God would send Jesus to suffer for our sins, its really beyond my comprehension. Its really hard to believe that God would do such a thing. Think about it, how many of us would send our child to go suffer untold pain, allow them to be humilitated and taunted and then left to die for someone who has cursed you, denied you, ignored you, hurt you, etc., etc., etc.? Yet God did just that for us! Wow! That really is amazing!

One day we will see our Lord face to face and we can thank Him for all He has done for us. I want Him to know how much I love Him and how deeply His love has reached my heart. Oh, how mind boggling it is that He loves us even in our weakness and flaws and truly it is because He first loved us that we can come to Him.

It is my prayer this year that each of us would accept His abundant, extravagant love and receive His Son Jesus not only as our Savior and Lord but see Him as our King and Bridegroom and that we would prepare our hearts and our lives with worship, praise and fellowship that we might be adorned and ready to receive Him when He comes and bless Him each day until then. It is such a little thing to do in comparison to what He has done for us, amen? Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login