Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

John 4:19 - Thou Art A Prophet

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
John 4:19 - Thou Art A Prophet
January 03, 2008 08:15AM
v 19 “The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.” {John 4:19}

When most people think of a prophet, they think of one of two things, either prophecy and prophets ended in the first century with Jesus or that prophets only foretell future events. Neither of these statements is true, Prophets and prophecy are alive and well in this day and age and prophets do not always foretell the future.

Now there are two types of prophets, the prophets of the one true and living God, our Father, and the false prophets who serve something else called satan. Of the prophets of God, Jesus was and is the chief prophet over all. All of the Old Testament prophets had the Holy Spirit upon them at different times and God spoke to them and told them were to go, what to do, and what to say. Jesus being the Son of God, knows his fathers heart, and goes where he knows it pleases his Father, he only does what he sees his Father do, and he waits upon his Father to give him the words to speak in any situation.

False prophets serving the world and thus satan, prophesy from the flesh and tell us what we want to hear and what we would like to happen, satisfying our own desires and our own wills. Both of these are not of our Father, our own desires more often than not are not the desires of our Father for us, and our own wills definitely are not our Fathers will for us. Being the kind of Father that he is, he allows us to pursue our will, and when we fail, we say to ourselves “I guess God’s will might be the way to go from now on”. False prophets cause confusion and pain.

Some true prophets will speak of future events, but most receive a word of knowledge from the Father about a person, so that the prophet can and will speak of hidden things in that persons life, so that the person will know that it is God speaking to them through the prophet. This is what Jesus did with the Samaritan woman at Jacobs well {John 14}. In John 2, our Lord is foretelling of future events.

We need to decide if we are going to follow the false prophets of today and satisfy our flesh or the Prophet of prophets, our Lord Jesus. Jesus who knows the fathers heart and can prophesy to our past, the present, and a future that holds a joy and a peace not even dreamed of today. A future with my Abba and my big brother.

I give all praise and honor and glory to my Father for sending the Prophet of prophets, my Lord and master, Jesus.
Anonymous User
Re: John 4:19 - Thou Art A Prophet
January 12, 2008 05:56PM
Amen and amen. Thank You, Father, for The Prophet, Your precious Son, Jesus Christ.

Our hearts go out to all of those who have received a word that was not from the heart of God for we know it can cause great harm. Even a good word given to one who is immature can cause harm as well. That is why we are told in 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 "Do not despise prophecies. Test all things; hold fast what is good." To often people just take the word they are given and run with it, not taking the time to bring it before the Lord and making sure it was from Him! In their zealousness they might think the word is for that very day, or week or month when,in fact, it can be years before it comes to pass. We have to be prepared for the things God is calling us to. It can take years before that prophetic word comes to pass. Becasue it doesn't happen right away people are discouraged or feel the word was not from the Lord. Oh, how we need to draw closer to Him and grow in our understanding and wisdom.

Lord, help us to submit to You and be patient and discerning of Your will and ways, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login