Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mark 1:11 - My Beloved Son

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Mark 1:11 - My Beloved Son
January 05, 2008 07:21AM
v 11 “And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” {Mark 1:11}

Almost all ‘christians’ think that when “a voice from heaven” said after Jesus‘ baptism by John “Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased”, he was saying this to Jesus. God the Father was not saying “Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” to his son. I have to believe that Jesus already knew that He was and is the Son of God, and that His father was and is well pleased with him, having been with His Father from the beginning {John 1:1-4}. God was speaking to all those assembled at the Jordan river at that time and for times to come. He wanted and still wants the world to know who Jesus is and his standing in the Fathers heart.

Up until the end of Jesus’ ministry here on earth, most of the people, especially the religious leaders, speculated as to wither Jesus was the messiah sent from God or just another man claiming to be “The Messiah”. The religious leaders of that time did not want to believe, most of the people and many of the religious leaders of this day and time just won’t believe that Jesus is the Son of God. What’s to speculate about and what’s not to believe? God the Father said it of Jesus {“Thou art my beloved Son”} and I for one believe it and stand upon the word of God.

I didn’t always believe in God the Father or the Son of God, there was a time when my “ears” were silenced to the word, but praise God that my hearing has been restored and I can now hear the words and I believe in them.

I pray that the world has their “ears opened” and their sight restored. Jesus is the “Son of God” and the world desperately needs to know and understand this!
Anonymous User
Re: Mark 1:11 - My Beloved Son
January 16, 2008 06:59PM
I, too, pray that the people of the world would have their ears opened and their sight restored that they would know that Jesus is the Son of God and that we need Him in our lives.

As I speculate on God saying, "here is my Beloved Son in Whom I am well pleased" I can also hear Him saying that to us when we have accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior. I hear our heavenly Father say, "Child, you are cleansed by the blood of the Lamb and are a new creature in Christ Jesus. You are sanctified and made clean and I am well pleased with you." Oh, how we need to know how much our heavenly Father loves us and that, through Jesus Christ, He has restored us back as God's sons and daughters. What a wonderful truth that is, not by our own doing but by what Jesus did on the cross and in His resurrection. Glory to God!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login