Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

John 14:6 - I Am The Way

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
John 14:6 - I Am The Way
January 08, 2008 07:27AM
v 6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." {John 14:6}

Today I’d like to concentrate on our Lords statement “I am the way”.

“For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.” {Matthew 3:3}

Webster’s Dictionary defines “Way” as - a road, highway, street, or path; a route or a course from one place to another {this is the first of many definitions the Webster gives for this word}.

Jesus knew that He was the only way to reconcile with His Father. He also knew that he was the only way to salvation and eternal life. To follow Jesus “in his way” is very tough for us mortal humans. Even though we are children of God, we cannot lead a sinless life, we cannot avoid all temptation, and we cannot give people eternal life. All we can do is point them to the one who can.

I believe that Jesus is comparing himself to a very narrow path with many stones for us to stumble upon when he made the following statements;

“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
“Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” {Matthew 7:13-14}

I’ve discussed the physical “strait gate” before, It’s a very narrow and short gate through the wall into Jerusalem. The spiritual “strait gate” is the way of our Lord whether we decide to follow him or not to follow him.

The “Way” is also a course from one place to another. From sin and depravation unto disciples of Jesus Christ leading to eternal life and joy with our Lord and the Father.

I attempt to follow Jesus’ strait and narrow path, but I stumble on many stones and sometimes fall into the ditch were my Lord picks me up, dusts me off, and encourages me to move ahead and overcome the stones in the path.

Blessed Jesus I not only want you in my life, I need you in my life.
Anonymous User
Re: John 14:6 - I Am The Way
January 16, 2008 07:45PM
Scripture tells us that there is only one way to the Father and that is through Jesus Christ. If we wonder how we are to live our lives in a way that is glorifying to our heavenly Father, Jesus is that Way, He is our example and we are to follow after Him. That is why it is so important that we become like-minded with Him, learning the ways that are pleasing to the Father. As my husband said, we will sometimes stumble on our journey but the Lord is more than willing to help us along if we call on Him.

Praise God for Jesus Who is The Way. May we follow after Him thus knowing we are on the right path, amen? Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login