Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Romans 8:34 - Personal Intercessor

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Romans 8:34 - Personal Intercessor
January 14, 2008 07:53AM
v 34 “Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.” {Romans 8:34}

I have often wondered why very few men are intercessors and almost all intercessors are women? Now don’t get me wrong, I have great respect and admiration for women intercessors but what is it, it’s not “manly” to intercede on behalf of others? Most of the women intercessors I have talked with express an urgent need to pray {intercede} for others, and almost never do they know the person or persons that they are praying for. Again I ask “why are so few men intercessors?”

MEN, we’re not looking to our LORD JESUS CHRIST for our example. Lets take a look at Hebrews 7:24-26:

v 24 “But this man {Jesus}, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. {like unto the order of Melchisedec}”
v 25 “Wherefore he is able also to save them {us} to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession {prays} for them.”
v 26 “For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;”

How often would we be wallowing in our sins if the Master was not interceding on our behalf? Can any of us men truly say that Jesus Christ was not a man and the Son of God? Then let’s stand up and come out from behind the skirts of the women intercessors and take our rightful place beside the them.

Men we all say that we want to be more Christ like and to follow in his footsteps. I tell you that to be Christ like and to walk in his footsteps, we need to take on all aspects of His character and that includes being an intercessor. Pray for individual people, the flock of sheep, the lost, and the unknowing.

Christ is interceding for me, so the very lest I can do is intercede for others. Even if there were no intercessors here on earth, we still would have the GREATEST INTERCESSOR OF THEM ALL, our own personal intercessor, Jesus.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login