Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Isaiah 9:6 - Prince of Peace and Peace Maker

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Isaiah 9:6 - Prince of Peace and Peace Maker
January 17, 2008 08:13AM
v 6 “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” {Isaiah 9:6}

What is a prince of peace? One who goes around teaching peace {“love thy neighbour as thy self”}, one who never gets angry with the situations around him and the attacks on his character or one who stays silent before his accusers? I would have to say that none of us passes this test. He who has never been angry, please raise your hand. Have any of you been silent before your accusers? No! Well I, like all others on this planet try to defend our actions and words {shouting is a common attack/ defense posture}.

I know of one man who walked this earth who stayed silent before his accusers, did not defend his actions and words, one who never got angry with the situations around him and the attacks on his character, one who taught “love thy neighbour as thy self”, This one man is our Lord and Master, Christ Jesus. Spotless, no blemish, no sin in his life, and he always did his fathers will right up to his crucifixion and resurrection.

Now this is what I would call a Prince of Peace, he does not allow himself to get into conflicts and if someone assaults him {us} he says to turn the other cheek “And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also.” {Luke 6:29}.

The law of Moses {and we all know who gave him those laws} states that “no man could do servile work on the Sabbath day”. Now I understood that servile work back in Leviticus and Numbers meant something totally different from what we understand as “servile work”. Our Fathers original intent was for the people to do “NO WORK” on the Sabbath. When did healing become work even on the Sabbath?

I have a Jewish doctor that says there are special circumstances approved by the Rabbi’s for doctors to heal people on the Sabbath day. Can you imagine that, special circumstances.

“Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it?” {Luke 6:9}

When did walking over a sabbath day’s journey {approximately ¼ of a mile} become work. God did not say it ”Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.” {Acts 1:12}

Rabbinical law, not Gods law, established all of the ’so called laws’ that Jesus and his disciples “broke.”

I’ll leave you with scripture from Luke 9:56 - “For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.”
Anonymous User
Re: Isaiah 9:6 - Prince of Peace and Peace Maker
January 31, 2008 08:39AM
"The Prince of Peace and Peace Maker." What a wonderful title that is. And how wonderful is our Lord Jesus Christ who is indeed the Prince of Peace and the one who is a peace maker, amen?

Think about it, in a world that is going crazy and so many different thoughts on what is right and what is wrong can be so easily cleared up if we bring it to Him Who is the Prince of Peace! By coming to Jesus to find what is the 'right' way of doing things, peace can be brought into a situation where differing sides are opposed one to another. Think of the peace we could have in this world if we looked to Jesus to find the right way to live. One day God's will shall be established upon the earth, His kingdom will come as it is in heaven. And it will have been made availabe through Christ Jesus, the Prince of Peace. Oh, how I look forward to that day. While it can live in our hearts right now, one day it will be established for all mankind. Praise be unto God! On that day the Prince of Peace will reign as Lord of lords and King of kings. Hallelujah! Come, Lord Jesus, and receive Your inheritance is our desire. Praise be unto God!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login