Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Luke 1:69 - Salvation

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Luke 1:69 - Salvation
January 18, 2008 07:57AM
v 69 “And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;” {Luke 1:69}

The Jewish people have/had many occasions the blow the horn {Shofar}, the feast of trumpets, to call a solemn assembly, to signal sighting the new moon on , and the war trumpet. Most shofars are about 3 to 4 feet long. These are used for the Feast of trumpets, solemn assemblies, and sighting of the new moon, yet the war trumpet is short and gives a very different sound than the others {I Corinthians 14:8 “For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?”}.

Of the three salvations {spirit, soul, and body}, the “horn of salvation” is meant for the salvation of the soul. Our spirit receives salvation when we accept Jesus as Lord of our lives {Romans 10:9-10} The salvation of the soul which is our intellect, our thoughts, our words, or emotions, is an ongoing battle within ourselves and with the prince of this world. When we receive salvation of the soul do we instantly change? Have control over all of our thoughts, speak only which is a glory and honour to our Lord, do we have control of our emotions? No, this is something that takes a lifetime of pursuit to try and accomplish. An ongoing battle which signaled by the sure and certain sound of the trumpet of battle, the Horn of Salvation.

Yet the greatest trumpet blast which, man knows not when this will sound, true Christians long to hear, and satan fears the most is announced in I Corinthians 15:52 “In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”

I don’t know if I will be alive or asleep in our Lord, but we all will hear the last trump. This is a promise from God.
Anonymous User
Re: Luke 1:69 - Salvation
January 31, 2008 08:56AM
Praise be to God that He has raised up for us a "horn of Salvation"! There is no doubt that we are in need of help in all areas of our lives; spirit, soul and body. It is true that Jesus has redeemed our spirits from eternal damnation and now it is available for our soul's and body's to be redeemed as well, as we rest and grow in Him. Glory to God!!! I believe the salvation of our souls are worked out "with fear and trembling" as we strive to become like our Lord, becoming one with Him. Even this we cannot do by ourselves but need the Lord's help. And that is why He sent the Holy Spirit, to help guide our ways and to teach us.

Our journey should be one in which we continually seek His guidance and strive to become like Jesus so that when we hear that last trump ring out, we can be assured we will hear Him say, "Well done, good and faithful servant." Hallelujah!!! That is my heart's cry to hear this from my Beloved lips when I see Him face to face. Glory to God!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login