Advanced

John 1:4 - Light of Men

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
January 24, 2008 08:35AM

v 4 “In him was life; and the life was the light of men.” {John 1:4}

When you confessed Jesus as Lord and Master of your life, you were born again into “the light of men“, which is the Glory of Jesus. {John 17:5 - “And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.” & John 17:22 - “And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:”} His glory is the “light of men”, a light that has and never will fail or burn out such as the artificial “light” given off from a light bulb. The light {glory} of our Lord does not only surround us, but is inside of us, and I pray that ‘men’ not only see the “light” surrounding us, but can “see the light” within us.

As Jesus walked this earth, he had the life {glory} in him, a light that very few could “see” at that time. Often times even the chosen 12 lost sight of and could not see the light of life that was in Jesus. How sad, but necessary, that our Lord had to die and be resurrected for the chosen 12 and the world to see His light and come to the place were they and we believed in him and that He was resurrected by his Father, all meant to reconcile us to our heavenly Father.

Yet shall He live and yet shall we live forever in and surrounded by “His light”. What a glorious glorious day that shall be!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login