Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Matthew 1:23 - God Is With Us

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Matthew 1:23 - God Is With Us
January 25, 2008 07:36AM
v 23 “Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.” {Matthew 1:23}

Have you ever had a prayer answered, seen a or been part of a miracle? Did the answer to the prayer come from Buddha? The miracle from Allah, or even from Mohammed? If you believe any of this, then you probably believe the biggest lie yet to come from the enemy, “God is dead!” I’m very pleased to announce to you and the world that my God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob - IS NOT DEAD! He answers prayers, performs miracles, and brings peace and joy into the hearts of all his children.

Calling Jesus “God” is not a stretch of the imagination at all, for Jesus said so himself in John 10:30 “I and my Father are one.” and also in John 14:9 “Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?”

Was Jesus saying in John 10:30 and John 14:9 that he was physically God, because in John 4:24, scripture tells us that “God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.” Jesus was not talking about the physical, but the spiritual. Jesus and the Father are spiritually one. One in holiness, one in truth, and one in purpose. God the Father sent God the Son into this world to fulfill a purpose, and that was redemption and salvation for all mankind.

We can also be one with the Father and the Son when we accept Jesus as our Lord {Romans 10:9 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”} somewhere during the confessing and believing, we will be filled with the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of God.

One with our Father and one with our big brother! All glory and honour to our Lord God Almighty.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login