Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Matthew 11:28 - Come

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Matthew 11:28 - Come
January 29, 2008 07:13AM
v 28  “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” {Matthew 11:28}

The cry of the Christian world is the gentle word, "Come", the Jewish law harshly said, "Go, take heed unto thy steps as to the path in which thou shalt walk. Break the commandments, and thou shalt perish; keep them, and thou shalt live."

The law was a dispensation of terror which drove men before it as with a scourge while the gospel draws us together with bands of love. Jesus is the good Shepherd going before His sheep bidding them follow Him and forever leading them onwards with the sweet word, "Come." The law shows the distance which is between God and man while the gospel bridges that awful chasm and brings us as sinners across it.

From the first moment of your spiritual life until you are ushered into glory the language of Jesus to you will be, ‘Come, come unto me.’ As a mother puts out her hands to her child and encourages him or her to walk by saying, ‘Come’ even so does Jesus. He will always be ahead of you bidding you follow Him as the soldier follows his captain. He will always go before you to pave your way and clear your path and you will hear His voice calling you after Him all through life.

This is not only Christ's cry to you, but if you are a believer this is your cry to Jesus is ‘Come Holy One! Come!’ You will be panting like the hart for water for nearer and closer communion with Him. As His voice is crying out to you ‘Come’, your response to Him should be, ‘Come", Lord, and abide with me. Come, and occupy alone my heart, reign there without a rival and consecrate me entirely to Thy service’.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login