Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

John 1:1 - The Living Word

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
John 1:1 - The Living Word
January 30, 2008 06:47AM
“In the beginning [before all time) was the Word (Christ) and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.” John 1:1

As is my usual habit before doing these devotionals, I spend time in prayer and in seeking the Holy Spirit’s help in doing these asking to glorify our God and our Lord Christ Jesus.

The Holy Spirit brought me back to Genesis where God created heaven and earth with a ‘word’. He spoke forth and then it was. Hallelujah! Then I was brought to 2 Corinthians 3:3: “You show and make obvious that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, not written with ink but with [the] Spirit of [the] living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts.” Paul was speaking to believers in that passage of Scripture.

With that the Holy Spirit began to form a “knowing” in my spirit. Christ was with God in the beginning when He formed heaven and earth. While we often think that referring to Jesus as the “Living Word” is because He came to earth and became a “living” man, therefore He is the “Living Word”. The fact is, Christ Jesus always was, always is, and always will be the living Word of God for that is Who He is! Let us look at what is written in 2 Corinthians 3 where believers are referred to as a “letter from Christ.” Letters form a “word” just as believers in Christ make up His Body. Letters by themselves do not make much sense or relay very much of a message. While there are some that might be able to stand alone such as “a” or “I” there is no “completeness” in what they are conveying. Christ Jesus is the Living Word of God for in Him is found life. In the beginning, God brought forth a thought by speaking a Word (Christ) and then it was empowered by the Holy Spirit and became heaven and earth and all that is in it. With this said, the three cord strand comes to mind. Ecclesiastes 4:12 reads, “And though a man might prevail against him who is alone, two will withstand him. A threefold cord is not quickly broken” and in this I see the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as the threefold cord and if we are found in Christ Jesus then we have the victory over anything that might come against us. Still, we must be mindful of the Father and the Holy Spirit being with us as well as Christ Jesus or we will not recognize the full strength we have been given through our Lord.. Just a thought to ponder.

Christ Jesus, the Living Word, abides in us. We are His “letters” which are to be read by all men. But if we only keep Him as a thought in our hearts and mind and do allow Him to be a Living Word in our life not only will others not have the ability to “read” of Him we will soon find that He is not truly “living” in us but will become like other words we have read with nice concepts, just thoughts without life or fruit.

Another thought came while doing all. Yesterday I was reading a book which stated that without Christ Jesus we would be like subjective to our flesh, wanting to gratify it with the fleshly desires of this world and the traits of the flesh, such aspride, boastfulness, unforgiveness, etc, etc., would have dominance in our lives. It is only through Christ Jesus that we can do anything John 15:5) of lasting value. Glory to God! Beloved, I had been taught that it was the Spirit of God that “died” in the Garden of Eden because of disobedience. Now I am considering that it was the Living Word of God that departed from Adam and Eve on that day that they ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Without Christ Jesus abiding in them they were even more prone to the weakness of the flesh.

Think of it, the Living Word of God abiding in us! We are the “letters” that are meant to form His will upon the earth! As we allow the mind of Christ to be formed in us and we allow ourselves to come together in unity acknowledging Jesus Christ as our “Head” then God’s creative powers will be in place to bring His kingdom upon the earth through the “letters” that form The Word which brings the will and Life of God into this world. Think of it! Think of what God desires to do through us who having the Living Word with us! Dear Ones, allow the Christ Jesus to abound in your lives. Do not keep Him under a bushel but allow The Word of God to bring life to you and to others! That is God’s desire. That is why Jesus came, to restore the Living Word of God to man and mankind to God through Him. Glory! Glory! Glory!!! Live in us Jesus! Form us to be Your Word, in Your name we pray. Amen and amen!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login