Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I John 2:1 - An Advocate

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
I John 2:1 - An Advocate
January 31, 2008 06:32AM
v 1 “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: “ {I John 2:1}

Advocate = 1. A person who pleads another’s cause, a lawyer. 2. A person who speaks or writes in support of something. {Webster’s dictionary}

We’ve all seen or at least heard of the tv lawyers Matlock and Perry Mason {oops, might be dating myself with Perry Mason, but}. Both of these lawyers had a {Holly Wood} knack for getting their defendant off with a dramatic courtroom meltdown of the real villain.

Well we have the master of all advocates {lawyers} representing us in God’s court, the Supreme of supreme courts. The prosecuting attorney is none other than Mr. Evil himself with his supporting cast.

On the table in front of him is scroll after scroll. Our defense attorney is Jesus Christ with no supporting cast. On his table is just one very thin scroll. As your “trial” starts, the prosecutor starts unrolling his scrolls and reads aloud each and every sin that you have ever done, then he turns to your lawyer/advocate, Jesus and says “THIS ONE IS MINE!” and sits down with an ugly smile on his face.

Finally it’s time for your defense. As Jesus gets up, he turns to Mr. Evil and starts reciting the same list and after every sin he states that “he’s repented for that“. Thus it goes through the rest of Mr. Evils scrolls, but some of the sins had not been repented for. Now Jesus starts to reminding him of the torture and crucifixion and how he, Jesus had bleed, in the meantime he has unrolled his scroll and shows it to Mr. Evil who has a meltdown as he reads “This one was bought and paid for by the blood!”

“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: “ Well we have all sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God {Romans 3:23}.

I can just imagine that my “sin” scrolls have to be at least three thick scrolls. In the quiet of the day examine yourself and try to imagine how many scrolls you have and how many “sins” that you haven’t repented of.

We all need the Advocate, Jesus, to defend us with His very big little scroll that states “This one was bought and paid for by the blood!” The precious blood of the Lamb of God.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login